About the program
Energy is an essential service for all Australians. And now more than ever, we want to reassure customers that we’ll keep the lights on.
This is why we are implementing the COVID-19 Customer Support Program, providing direct relief to AGL residential and small and medium business customers who aren't able to pay their bill because they have lost their job or business, or their health has been impacted.
For those under financial stress, we have extended payment terms and will suspend disconnections for customers on the program until 31 July 2020.
This program is in addition to our regular payment support options where customers in NSW, QLD, SA or WA are able to access AGL's Staying Connected program. For customers in VIC, support is available as part of our Payment Support Victoria program. If you are a residential customer and currently receiving this financial support but are impacted by COVID-19 and would like this additional assistance, please apply below.
Your payment options
Eligible residential and small to medium business customers may choose to apply for one of the following payment assistance options.
- Defer my payments until 31 July 2020
During this period, you don't need to make any payments towards your energy bills.
- Defer my payments until 31 July 2020 and make voluntary contributions
Make voluntary payments towards your energy bill, as and when you can, with the amount that you can afford.
You'll continue to receive bills to help you understand your usage and account balance, but won't be at risk of disconnection within this period.
How to apply
Once you receive your bill, you can apply in My Account. If you aren’t using My Account yet, you can register in a few easy steps.
The AGL Customer Support Program includes:
- Fast-tracked access to a program allowing deferred payments until 31 July 2020 or deferred payments with voluntary contributions until 31 July.
- No disconnections during the deferred payment period if you are on the AGL COVID-19 Customer Support Program.
- Waiving disconnection and reconnection fees for small businesses that have been forced to temporarily close.
The easiest way to register is to wait until your bill arrives. There is no need to do anything until you receive your next bill.
Customers can register between now and 31 July 2020. The program is available on any bills issued between now and July 31 2020 for eligible customers.
The program is available to you if you:
- Are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and are a residential customer or a small to medium business customer.
- Are no longer an AGL residential or small business customer but you have an outstanding amount owing to AGL and you are experiencing financial hardship as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Are a multiple account holder; if you have multiple AGL account numbers you will need to complete the registration for each AGL account.
Large business customers
Unfortunately this specific customer support program is not available for large business customers, but if you are experiencing financial hardship please call us on 1300 001 047.
Once you have applied for this program, you will still continue to receive your bills as normal - please ignore any due dates that are payable before 31 July 2020.
If you are unable to pay the balance in full by this date, please contact AGL to discuss other payment options or learn about our hardship programs for residential customers.