It’s an extraordinary time for the energy sector and at AGL, and we need extraordinary people to meet the challenges.
We’re building on 180 years of history to invest in new ideas and create progress.
Join us. Let us empower you to grow and together we’ll bring progress to life.
Read the latest stories from our people, including what it's like to work at AGL and how flexible working is transforming our people (both at home and in the office).
AGL offers interesting and challenging career opportunities across very diverse disciplines such as engineering, HR, finance & business strategy.
Join AGL and you will discover a world of career possibilities you never knew existed - full of more challenges and rewards.
You can expect benefits from AGL that are aimed at recognising and rewarding the contributions you make.
At AGL, we're delighted to be helping our people in a variety of different roles with striking a flexible working arrangement that works for them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Our values underpin our purpose, which guides us to achieving our strategic priorities of growth, transformation and social licence.
To learn more about AGL, our purpose and history, visit Our Company page.
Our Values Are:
Care in Every Action
- Physical and psychological safety first
- Responsible and sustainable in all our actions
- Always considering our environment
- Putting yourself in other people’s shoes
- Doing the right thing
- Being open and accountable
- Having courageous conversations
- Keeping our promise
- Breaking down silos
- Being respectful and inclusive of all
- Seeking out diverse perspectives
- Building collaborative partnerships
Deliver your best
- Going the extra mile for our customers
- Constantly looking to improve
- Staying resilient when setbacks happen
- Making excellence part of every day
- Having courage to explore new possibilities
- Embracing opportunities to grow
- Approaching challenges with a can-do attitude
- Keeping the future in focus
You can reset your password at any stage by:
1. Visiting our jobs board and clicking the ‘Sign In’ button
2. Click the ‘Forgot Password’ button displayed underneath the email and password section
3. Enter the email address you used when applying for our jobs and follow the prompts.
Yes! Simply follow the below steps and you’ll receive an email about our new job opportunities based on your preferences.
1. You’ll need a Candidate Profile to create job alerts
2. Visit our jobs board and click the ‘Sign in’ Button
- If you do not have a Candidate Profile, simply click the ‘Create Account’ button displayed underneath the ‘Sign In’ details and follow the prompts to create an account
- If you have a Candidate Profile, sign in by entering the email address and the password you used to submit your job application or when you created your Candidate Profile
3. Once you’re signed in, click the ‘cloud’ icon displayed in the top right-hand corner of your screen to display the quick menu options
4. In the quick menu, click ‘Job Alerts’
5. Click the ‘Create Job Alert’ button
6. Give your Job alert a name that you can recognise
7. Select the frequency of receiving the job alerts along with the criteria for the jobs that you want to be alerted about
8. Click OK
9. You can create more than one job alert by repeating steps 5-8
10. To edit or delete existing job alerts, visit the Job alerts page in your Candidate Profile, then click the ‘Manage’ button next to the created job alert and follow the prompts.
It might be an issue with the web browser you’re using. We highly recommend using Google Chrome when submitting job applications or when you need to access your profile.
If using Google Chrome does not resolve your issue, please email email@example.com with an overview of the issue you are experiencing and our team will be able to assist you.
You can submit a cover letter, but it’s OK if you don’t have one. Either way, be sure to submit your CV when completing your job application.
Keep your audience in mind. The Recruitment Partner and Hiring Leader reading your CV are unlikely to know you, so if it’s relevant to the role be sure to include it.
Other tips to consider
- Be clear and concise with the details you include in your CV.
- Put your most relevant experience in the first couple of pages.
- When it comes to CV length, one size doesn’t fit all. Nonetheless, avoid one-page CVs as it’s hard to convey enough detail. Three to four pages is ideal – stretch to five if you’re sure everything included is important to the role.
- Ensure your CV is saved as a .doc, .docx or .pdf so that the recipient can easily open it.
Yes, if you want to track the progress for any of your job applications or to update your details, please:
1. Visit the AGL jobs board
2. Click ‘Sign In’
3. To sign in, enter the email address and the password you used to submit your job application
4. Once you’re signed in, click the ‘cloud’ icon displayed in the top right-hand corner of your screen
5. Click ‘View Profile’
6. Once your profile loads, you can view the status of your applications and review or update your personal profile details.
Once you’ve submitted your job application you should receive a confirmation email within 30 minutes of your application being submitted.
If you have a web-based email account, e.g. Gmail, please check your inbox and your junk/spam folders. Sometimes the confirmation/invitation emails we send may be marked as spam by these email service providers.
The process from there typically depends on the type of job it is. We aim to fill our roles within 6–8 weeks from the time we first advertise a new job opportunity.
Our Recruitment team will guide you throughout the various stages of our recruitment process including providing updates about the status of your application by email or phone call.
Generally, the process we work through is:
1. Within the first two weeks of our jobs being advertised, our Recruitment team start reviewing the job applications received and will consider how your background and experience matches the job’s criteria.
2. A Recruitment Partner or Sourcing Specialist will invite the most suitable candidates to participate in a phone interview. This generally occurs 1 week after the job ad has closed and all applications have been reviewed.
3. The most suitable candidates that were phone interviewed are shortlisted and reviewed by the Hiring Leader.
4. Depending on the job, when the Hiring Leader selects a candidate from the shortlist, the candidate may be asked to:
- participate in a video interview
- attend an assessment centre
- participate in at least one behavioural based face to face interview with various leaders
- participate in follow up face to face interviews
- complete a psychometric assessment or other tests, if it is required as part of a job’s selection process.
5. The interview and assessments stage can take 2 weeks. Once all interviews and assessments are complete, the Recruitment Partner and Hiring Leader decide on a preferred candidate.
6. The Recruitment Partner will make a verbal offer to the preferred candidate.
7. When the verbal offer is accepted by the preferred candidate, they will be asked to undertake our pre-employment background and/or medical checks.
- Depending on the job, we may ask for these checks to be conducted before a verbal offer is made.
8. After the pre-employment checks are assessed and approved, a formal written offer is sent to the preferred candidate for them to sign and accept the terms.
The timelines outlined above are intended to be a guide. Depending on the role, our Recruitment team may require less time or longer than normal to work through each recruitment stage. Nonetheless, our Recruitment team will keep you informed of your application’s status.
You can also track your application status by logging into your profile. To do this, please follow the steps outlined in the above listed ‘Can I check the status of my application or update my details’ FAQ.
Yes, we encourage you to continue applying for jobs with AGL that you feel best suit your capabilities and experience.
Also, if there are future opportunities that we feel align to your profile, skills and experience, we will proactively reach out to you to discuss the job opening and gauge your interest.