AGL customers can provide their own meter read quickly and easily and request an adjustment to an estimated bill based on the meter read submitted.
How it works
Why submit your own meter readings?
No more estimated bills
Provide your own meter read two days before your next bill date to avoid an estimated bill.
Knowledge is power
Find out how much energy you are using, any time you like.
Control your budget
Get on top of your budget with bill projections and usage updates.
Submitting your own meter read
If you have a basic meter, you can submit your own read and request that your bill be adjusted based on the meter read you provide.
Check out our guide on how to locate and read your meter. Just select your meter type and follow the step-by-step instructions
To submit your own meter reads, you can either:
Submit your readings with the AGL Energy App on your smartphone.
Simply log in to My Account, select ‘Billing’ and then ‘My Meter Read’.
If you have more than one account, you can enter meter readings for both.
Have your name, account number, meter number and register number (If applicable / and if more than one) for our Customer Service Representative via web chat or by calling 131 245.
Meter Read FAQs
In some cases, the meter read may not be accepted if:
- The read provided is too high or too low compared to the last actual read and compared to the average usage for the site.
- If the read was taken too far in the past. When you provide us with your meter read it needs to be current, so when you read the meter make sure you let us know the figure straight away.
- If we request a photo and it isn't provided or the photo provided isn't clear and accurate.
- Incorrect meter number provided.
- If we've been advised that the meter is disconnected, faulty, or in progress to be replaced or fixed.
- If the read is lower than the read taken when you began your energy plan with AGL at this address (estimated or actual read quality), then we will wait for read verification via your Distributor before accepting/rejecting the read.
Process to raise a dispute regarding rejected meter read
Our customers are important to us and we are here to help. If you have a complaint or are not satisfied with our service, you may request a review of our decision regarding your rejected meter read.
AGL's comprehensive customer resolution process details how to raise your concern and how to lodge a dispute with your relevant ombudsman if we can't help you via our complaints process.
This feature isn’t available to customers with a digital meter. Learn more about your digital meter.