Terms and Conditions
This plan has no fixed term. The benefits and rewards that you sign up to apply for an initial fixed benefit period. If we don’t contact you before the end of any fixed benefit period, the benefits and rewards will continue to apply for a further fixed benefit period. Exit fees apply during the initial fixed benefit period only.
Market contract terms
- You must review the AGL's General Terms for Market Contracts. They contain important information you need to know about your Energy Plan.
- You are also entitled to a standing offer which is the energy plan your designated retailer is required to offer you under energy regulations.
- AGL can vary your rates, tariff structure and terms of the energy plan at any time by writing to you.
- Acceptance of this offer constitutes written consent to transfer your gas and/or electricity to AGL.
- If you have elected to sign up for monthly billing, you will receive your gas and/or electricity bills on a monthly basis.
- If you have elected to receive your bills and other correspondence by email, your bills and correspondence will be sent to the email address provided by you.
Fees, rates and charges
- AGL can vary your rates, tariff structure and terms of the energy plan at any time by writing to you.
- If you are moving home you may incur a connection fee and be required to pay for any usage between the connection date and your cooling off date.
- If an exit fee is shown in the Energy Plan Table (located in the Offer fees and charges section), you may be charged this fee if you terminate this Energy Plan after the cooling off period expires.
- Fees such as an account establishment fee, late payment fee, dishonoured payment fee or payment processing fee, and other charges relating to your Meter or Supply Address may apply under this Energy Plan. For the AGL Fee Schedule and AGL's General Terms for Market Contracts, please click here.
- credit, then this account credit will appear as a separate credit (GST exclusive) on your first electricity bill. Your account credit applies only in conjunction with this AGL Energy Plan and is not transferrable.
Billing and payment
- Acceptance of this offer constitutes written consent to transfer your gas and/or electricity to AGL. If your gas and/or electricity is currently billed by another retailer than the supply commencement date with AGL is likely to be the date of your next meter read. You can expect a final bill from your current retailer.
- Unless you have selected monthly billing, you will be billed every 3 months for electricity and every 2 months for gas if you live in Victoria, or every 3 months for gas for all other states.
- Your payment options will be listed on your bill. These include cash, cheque, credit card (Mastercard, Visa), direct debit, BPay®, POST billpay®, or any other method listed on your bill. If you use a payment method and AGL incurs a merchant services fee (including payment by credit card) you may be charged a payment processing fee.
Contact, privacy and disputes
We may contact you as part of an audit to ensure that you have understood and consented to your Energy Plan.
We may exchange your personal information (including information about payment defaults and other information about your personal or commercial credit worthiness) with credit reporting bodies, other credit providers, your guarantors (if any) or other parties for purposes including assessing your application for credit, reviewing and reporting on your credit worthiness and status, monitoring your credit arrangements, collecting overdue payments and assisting potential guarantors to decide whether to act as guarantor. See AGL’s Credit Reporting Policy (available on www.agl.com.au and on request) for further details about the credit-related personal information we collect, what we do with it, where we send it, the credit reporting bodies we use and your opt-out, access, correction and complaint rights with us and credit reporting bodies.
AGL has a Dispute Resolution policy, which outlines how to contact us if you have a concern or complaint, as well as contact details for your energy ombudsman.
If you do not understand any of this information or require further information please call AGL 24/7 on 131 245.
- Where you have one AGL account number for your gas and electricity accounts, this Direct Debit agreement is applicable to both your gas and electricity bills.
- This service is not available on some passbook savings accounts.
- Any changes to your direct debit arrangements, including new card or bank details or to terminate the arrangement, must be provided to AGL at least three business days prior to the next payment.
- Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may apply.
- Payments falling on a non-business day will be deducted from your nominated financial account on the next business day.
- If your energy account has an overdue amount prior to the Direct Debit agreement commencing, this amount will be debited from your nominated financial account within three business days of the receipt of this authority.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your nominated financial account at the time of processing a payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by both your financial institution and AGL to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs.
- AGL may discontinue your Direct Debit arrangement if two consecutive payments are refused by your financial institution. You must then pay your energy bills using another AGL payment option.
- To terminate your Direct Debit agreement you must notify AGL or your financial institution at least three business days prior to your next payment. If you cancel your Direct Debit authority by notifying your financial institution, you must use your best endeavours to notify AGL as soon as practicable after the cancellation.
- If you cancel your Direct Debit authority, we will no longer rely on this Direct Debit authority. If you are leaving AGL, a final account will be sent to you and the amount due will be debited from your nominated financial account.
- AGL reserves the right to, at any time, withdraw this product or stop or change a Direct Debit agreement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, all payment plans will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution will be notified. Contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any agreement details.
By requesting monthly billing for one of your energy accounts, you are agreeing to the following terms and conditions for that account:
- You may request a day of the month on which we will issue your bill. You can change the selected day of month, however, AGL may refuse to change the requested day of month if such a change would result in a bill not being issued for more than 1 month.
- To issue your bill on the day of the month requested, that day and the previous day must be business days. Where we are unable to issue your bill on the day of the month requested, we will issue your bill no later than two business days from the requested day of the month.
- If the day of the month requested does not exist in a particular month, then we will issue your bill for the period ending on the last day of that month, in accordance with clause 2.
- Subject to clauses 2 and 3, your first monthly bill will be issued on the requested day of the month.
- You will receive your bills each month via email (eBilling). You will not receive bills via post.
- If we are unable to base your monthly bill on an actual reading of your meter, we may base your bill on the actual data that is available to us or estimate the meter read for billing purposes. You agree that we may base this estimate upon:
i. Your own read;
ii. Your historical metering data; or
iii. If there is no historical metering data available, the average usage of energy by a comparable customer over the corresponding period.
- You must continue to provide access to your meter for meter reading purposes.
- You may contact AGL to cancel your monthly billing arrangements via AGL Energy Online, by writing to us, by post or email at least 5 business days in advance.
- If you cancel your monthly billing arrangement, your bill cycle will change to a quarterly billing cycle for your account, except for Victorian gas accounts, which will change to a bi-monthly billing cycle. Your next bill following cancellation will be on a quarterly cycle, unless it would be issued more than three months from the date of cancellation. If this is the case then you will receive one last monthly bill before returning to a quarterly bill cycle.
- Agreeing to a monthly billing arrangement does not affect your payment obligations relating to bill smoothing, payment plans or to any amounts owing on other AGL accounts where you do not have a monthly billing arrangement.
- Monthly billing may not be available for all contract types, including where supply is unmetered, measured through a stand alone bulk hot water meter or measured through a manually read interval meter.
- From time to time, AGL may notify you of changes to the eligibility requirements and may ask you to meet any additional requirements.
The following section outlines the terms and conditions relating to the allocation of flybuys points to members by AGL. It should be read in conjunction with and in addition to the standard flybuys terms and conditions.
- AGL reserves the right to amend the range of products and services that are eligible to earn points from time to time at its discretion.
- Flybuys points issued by AGL can be reversed at AGL's or flybuys' discretion, including if a member's payment is dishonoured, a refund is given, or if there has been a wrong allocation.
- AGL reserves the right not to issue flybuys points to an eligible AGL customer whose energy account has been assigned to an agent for the collection of debt or who otherwise has outstanding overdue debts owing to AGL.
- From time to time, AGL may offer flybuys BONUS POINTS to existing or new AGL customers or for the purchase of AGL products and services.
- AGL is responsible for the calculation of flybuys points offered by AGL for a member's energy consumption or purchases, but AGL is not responsible or liable for the provision of flybuys points, which is the sole responsibility of flybuys.
- AGL is a flybuys points issuer only. flybuys points cannot be redeemed through or with AGL or any AGL affiliated entities.
- To be eligible to earn flybuys points on approved AGL products and services, customers must have an active flybuys membership. Terms and conditions and eligibility criteria apply. Visit the flybuys website for full details.
- AGL may amend its flybuys eligibility criteria from time to time. Visit agl.com.au/flybuys terms for current AGL terms and conditions.
- AGL will notify flybuys of the number of flybuys points members have earnt from payment of their AGL energy bills. Any information relating to members and their participation in flybuys through AGL may also be used by AGL for marketing, planning, product development, research and other commercial purposes.
AGL Energy Online registration
- Use of the service requires both login information and a password. You must keep this information confidential.
- You agree to be solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your password, as well as for any communications entered into or funds transferred through this service using your password.
- You agree to be responsible for ensuring that your contact information is current and accurate. This includes, but is not limited to, name, address, phone number and email address.
You will receive all bills and correspondence from AGL via post.
You will receive all bills and correspondence from AGL via Email