Concessions, rebates and grants for NSW residents
As an AGL customer, you may qualify for various concessions administered by AGL on behalf of the NSW State Government.
To be eligible for these rebates, you'll need one of these concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions).
A concession can be claimed only if:
- you are a resident of NSW
- the energy account is in the name of the concession card holder
- the supply address is the domestic primary place of residence
- you are a customer of the retailer, or a long term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme.
The following cardholders are ineligible:
- Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
- Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
- DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
- Commonwealth State Seniors cards
- Commonwealth Seniors Health cards.
If you are eligible but not currently receiving a rebate on your bill, learn how to add concession details to your account.
For information about these rebates, visit the NSW Government website.
Eligibility conditions vary, and may change from time to time. Find the latest information below.