Is there a risk to life or property?

If you are concerned that a major incident or fault is posing a risk to life or property, call 000 now.

Minor faults and outages

For minor faults and outages in your area, you'll need to contact your energy distributor. They are responsible for the supply of energy – that is, the poles and wires, gas pipes, and connections to your home – whereas AGL takes care of your account. There are different distributors in different areas.

Find the name and phone number of your energy distributor in the top right corner of your AGL bill (look for the phone number next to 'Faults and emergencies'). Most distributors have a map of current faults and outages on their websites.
If you don't have a bill handy, use our search tool below to find your distributor.

Gas supply and meter problems

Please contact AGL 24/7 on 131 245 in the following cases:

  • You have no gas at all
  • Your gas has been disconnected in error
  • Your meter is stolen
  • You require a meter re-light (for example, if construction work has occurred on your street).

Find your distributor

Enter your postcode and select your suburb in the distributor search tool below. We'll find the distributor in your area. Some suburbs may have more than one distributor.

All NSW distributors

Fuel type Distributor number wesbite
Gas Jemena Gas Networks 131 909
Electricity Endeavour Energy 131 003
Ausgrid 131 388
Essential Energy 132 080
Hot water emergency Appliances and Tradespeople 132 404