By providing your payment method details to us (AGL) you accept and understand that these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to your requested and authorised payment arrangement (SMS Pay arrangement) and you authorise your financial institution or any other payment service provider and AGL (User ID’s 348045, 348041, 373578, 23237282, 23237324 and 23426448) to arrange for funds to be debited from your relevant account in payment of amounts you owe to AGL from time to time (unless and until you cancel your SMS Pay arrangement). AGL is authorised to use your SMS Pay Arrangement in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You should contact your financial institution or any other payment service provider if you are uncertain about providing your payment authority to us.
- Your authorised payment method details will be securely stored by AGL and may be used by AGL in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions available at agl.com.au/spmterms
- Where you have one AGL account number for your gas and electricity accounts, your SMS Pay arrangement is available and able to be used by AGL to arrange for the payment of both your gas and electricity bills and associated instalments.
- This service is not available for use in making payments from some passbook savings accounts.
- If your SMS Pay arrangement relies on a credit card or debit card account, it can only be a Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card (as applicable), and you authorise AGL to request payment from your nominated card account, using your current card and any replacement or substitute of that card from time to time. If your credit card or debit card has reached its expiry date, you should still provide AGL with your new details at least three business days prior to the next payment due date.
- A payment processing fee as provided for in Fees and Charges (agl.com.au/help/rates-contracts/fees-charges) may apply to payments made using a credit card or debit card.
- Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may apply.
- AGL will send you an SMS at least one business day before your bill or instalment due date, which if you respond to with the instruction “Pay”, will be taken to be authorisation by you of the payment of your bill or instalment (as is relevant in the circumstances). AGL will debit your nominated payment method to the value of the amount indicated in the SMS. No payment will be processed without your authorisation.
- A payment authorisation through the instruction “Pay” will be taken to apply to each pending SMS Pay request sent to you within the last three business days.
- AGL will continue to use your nominated payment method for payments authorised by you until you advise AGL of any change to those details or your SMS Pay arrangement is terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Payment obligations falling on a non-business day will be processed using your SMS Pay arrangement on the next business day. If you are uncertain as to when a debit will be processed by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you may contact them directly.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your nominated payment method account at the time of processing a payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by both your financial institution or any other payment service provider, and AGL to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your payment account by the due date for the payment of any bill payable to AGL.
- If your authorisation for processing a payment is provided after the bill or instalment due date, AGL may not process that payment request. If your payment request is not processed, you will be notified by AGL and you will be required to pay the outstanding invoice or instalment amount through another payment method available to you and accepted by AGL.
- If you change your payment method details used for your SMS Pay arrangement after the batch processing time on the day your payment or instalment is due, your previous (and not your updated) payment method details will be used to process the transaction.
- You may remove any payment methods stored by AGL at any time in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions (available at agl.com.au/spmterms). Any payments you have authorised that are still pending processing will be cancelled upon the removal of your payment method details.
- Your SMS Pay arrangement may be terminated in its entirety if any of the following occur:
- You elect to cancel your SMS Pay arrangement; or
- You remove the payment method details that are used for your SMS Pay arrangement without providing AGL with alternative payment details in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions available at agl.com.au/spmterms at least three business days prior to when the next payment is due; or
- Your payment fails.
- AGL may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time on not less than 14 days’ notice.
- AGL reserves the right, at any time, to withdraw this payment arrangement or stop or change a SMS Pay arrangement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, all SMS Pay arrangements will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution or payment service provider will be notified.
- You should check your account statements from your financial institution or any other payment service provider. Contact AGL Customer Solutions Team on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any payment or arrangement details. We will investigate the dispute and provide our response within 20 days. You may also raise your dispute with your financial institution or any other payment service provider.
- The personal information collected by AGL under these Terms and Conditions is required to set up your SMS Pay arrangement. Failure to provide the information will mean AGL is unable to complete your request to set up your SMS Pay arrangement.
- Details of your SMS Pay arrangement, including your SMS Pay arrangement details (which are tokenised in the case of credit and debit cards), may also be used/disclosed by AGL in connection with your payment for products and services that AGL makes available to you.
AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions
You agree to allow AGL to use, disclose or store any of your details collected by AGL under these Terms and Conditions in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions available at agl.com.au/spmterms