By providing your payment method details to us (AGL) you accept and understand that these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to your requested and authorised payment method via SMS (stored payment method), and, where applicable, you are also setting up a Direct Debit Request and Services Agreement (Direct Debit Arrangement). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you authorise your financial institution (or any other payment service provider) and AGL (User ID’s 348045 AGL Sales Pty Limited, 348041 AGL South Australia Pty Ltd, 373578 AGL Retail Energy Limited, 23237282 AGL Energy Limited, 23237324 AGL Energy Limited, 23426448 AGL Retail Energy Ltd, 23836422 AGL Energy Sales Ltd, 23836414 AGL Sales Qld PL, 23836406 AGL Direct Debit Credit Card, 409321 AGL Energy Sales & Marketing Limited, 409312 AGL Sales (Queensland Electricity) Pty Limited and 409310 AGL Sales (Queensland Electricity) Pty Limited) to arrange for funds to be debited from your relevant account in payment of amounts you authorise, by using your stored payment method in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You should contact your financial institution or any other payment service provider if you are uncertain about providing your payment authority to us.
Terms and conditions
- Your authorised stored payment method details will be securely stored by AGL and may be used by AGL in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method Terms and Conditions (available at agl.com.au/spmterms) and the AGL Direct Debit Arrangement Terms and Conditions (available at agl.com.au/ddterms).
- Where you have one AGL account number for your gas and electricity accounts, your stored payment method is available and able to be used by AGL where you request or authorise AGL to arrange for the payment of an amount due on that account.
- This service is not available for use in making payments from some passbook savings accounts.
- If your stored payment method relies on a credit card or debit card account, it can only be a Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card (as applicable), and you authorise AGL to request payment from your nominated card account, using your current card and any replacement or substitute of that card from time to time. If your credit card or debit card has reached its expiry date, you should still provide AGL with your new details at least three business days prior to the next payment due date.
- A payment processing fee, as provided for in AGL’s published Fees and Charges (agl.com.au/help/rates-contracts/fees-charges), will apply to payments made using a credit card or debit card as your stored payment method.
- Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may apply.
- AGL will send you an SMS at least one business day before your bill or instalment due date requesting your payment authorisation. If you respond with a pay instruction, this will be taken by AGL to be authorisation by you for the payment of the amount due. Unless expressly stated otherwise in these Terms and Conditions, no payment will be obtained by AGL under your stored payment method without your SMS authorisation.
- If you receive more than one SMS from AGL requesting your payment authorisation within the last three business days, we will seek your confirmation on applying your payment authorisation to each pending SMS request. If you respond with a payment confirmation, this will be taken by AGL to be authorisation by you for each pending SMS request.
- AGL will continue to use your stored payment method for payments authorised by you until you remove that payment method, or your stored payment method is terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Where your payment obligations fall on a non-business day your authorised payment using your stored payment method will usually be processed on the next business day. Payments requested or authorised after 6.00pm AEST on a business day may require an extra business day to be processed. If you are uncertain as to when a debit will be processed by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you may contact them directly.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your stored payment method account at the time of our processing your authorised payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by both your financial institution or any other payment service provider, and by AGL, to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your stored payment method account by the due date for the payment of any amount for which you authorise payment to AGL.
- If you request AGL to process a payment after the invoice or instalment due date, AGL may not process that payment request. If your payment request is not processed for any reason, you will be notified by AGL and you will be required to pay the outstanding invoice or instalment amount through another payment method available to you and accepted by AGL.
- If you change your stored payment method, or your stored payment method details after the batch processing time on the day your authorised payment will be processed, your stored payment method, or your stored payment method details held by AGL (at the time that AGL initiated the processing of your payment) will be used to seek to make the payment and not your changed stored payment method or stored payment method details you have provided.
- You may change or remove your stored payment method, or any information relating to your stored payment method, at any time:
- in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Methods Terms and Conditions;
- by using the applicable My Account page; or
- by notifying AGL.
- Your Direct Debit Arrangement using your stored payment method may be cancelled or suspended:
- by contacting your financial institution or AGL;
- by using the applicable My Account page; or
- if your payment fails.
- AGL may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time on not less than 14 days’ notice.
- AGL reserves the right, at any time, to withdraw this payment product or cancel any pending payments by giving you at least 14 days prior notice of the cancellation. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, any pending payments will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution or payment service provider will be notified.
- You should check your account statements from your financial institution or any other payment service provider. You may contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute or concerns about any payment or arrangement details. We will investigate the matter and provide our response within 20 days. You may also raise a dispute with your financial institution or any other payment service provider.
- The personal information collected by AGL in connection with your stored payment method and any payments using that method is required to set up and operate your stored payment method. Failure to provide the information will mean AGL is unable to complete your request to set up or operate under your stored payment method.
- Details of your stored payment method may be used/disclosed by AGL in connection with your payments to AGL.
AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions
- You agree to allow AGL to use, disclose or store any of your details, as collected by AGL, in relation to your stored payment method and in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method Terms and Conditions.