- You agree and acknowledge that AGL may collect, use and disclose the Payment Methods (defined below) which you provide to AGL in accordance with these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions).
- AGL Stored Payment Method is the digital data repository used by AGL to store Stored Payment Methods (defined below).
2. PAYMENT METHODS
2.1 Collection of details
- AGL collects payment details (including, but not limited to, the details of any bank account, credit card, debit card or email address associated with any payment account) (Payment Methods) from you when you make a payment to AGL or request a refund using an AGL accepted payment option (including by phone, online, PayPal, under an SMS Pay arrangement or Direct Debit arrangement or such other payment option approved by AGL from time to time) (Payment Option).
- You agree that any Payment Method you provide to AGL will be available to AGL to use in accordance with your authorisation and clause 5 (Privacy) below.
2.2 Secure storage of Payment Methods
- The relevant Payment Method (which is tokenised in the case of credit and debit card details) and the Payment Option (including any standing authority) used to make a payment to AGL are stored by AGL (Stored Payment Methods).
- All Stored Payment Methods will be held securely by AGL and, if required, stored by AGL in accordance with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) information security standard requirements and otherwise as required by law.
2.3 Usage of Stored Payment Methods
- Stored Payment Methods can be used by AGL and you to make any payments to AGL for AGL products and services using any Payment Option authorised by you. No payment will be processed without your authorisation.
- AGL will continue to use your Stored Payment Methods for payments authorised by you until you advise us of any change to those Stored Payment Methods or your payment arrangement with AGL is terminated in accordance with the relevant terms and conditions that apply.
- If your payment method is a credit card or debit card, you authorise AGL to request payment from your nominated card account, using your current card and any replacement or substitute of that card from time to time. If your credit card or debit card has reached its expiry date, you should provide AGL with your new details at least three business days prior to the next payment.
- AGL reserves the right to charge a payment processing fee for the use of a particular Payment Option. Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may also apply.
- AGL reserves the right to charge a dishonour fee in accordance with the terms and conditions of the relevant AGL product or service.
- Any credit or refund made to you by AGL may be refunded using your Stored Payment Methods.
- Your Stored Payment Methods, including details of your current Payment Options, may also be used in connection with any AGL products and services that we provide to you.
2.4 Disclosure of Stored Payment Methods
- Any Stored Payment Methods will not be disclosed to any third party, except in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Stored Payment Methods used to make a payment, credit or refund will be disclosed by AGL to relevant financial institutions and payment service providers for the purposes of:
- facilitating that payment, credit or refund; and
- complying with PCI DSS information security standard requirements.
- Stored Payment Methods may be disclosed to people and organisations that help AGL with our business, such as payment service providers, professional advisors, IT support, and corporate and administrative services including mercantile agents (including debt collectors) and debt buyers. We only do this where it is necessary to disclose that information in order for those services to be provided to AGL.
- Stored Payment Methods may also be disclosed by AGL to comply with any applicable provisions of any legislation, including without limitation, any privacy legislation.
2.5 Verification of Payment Methods
- When requested by AGL, you agree to provide to AGL information, including but not limited to, certified identification documents, bank statements and other documents in order for AGL to:
- verify (or further verify) your identity;
- verify information in connection with a bank account used to make a payment;
- verify information in connection with a non-bank account Payment Option used to make a payment; and
- verify where any payment to AGL originated.
- AGL may confirm directly with the financial institutions and payment service providers that supplied the Payment Option used by you to make a payment, that the Payment Method provided by you are valid and correct.
- Until AGL is satisfied that the verification information provided above is true, accurate and complete, AGL reserves the right to refuse any payments, and refund any payment at its discretion should it deem any payment to be (or likely to be) unauthorised or made by a person other than you.
- AGL may refuse to accept a payment made using any Payment Option in its absolute discretion including, but not limited to, circumstances where the relevant Payment Option has been dishonoured in connection with a previous payment.
3. MANAGING AGL STORED PAYMENT METHOD
3.1 Adding new Payment Methods
If you wish to add new Payment Methods which have not yet been used to make a payment and are not currently stored by AGL, you can provide new Payment Methods to AGL by logging in to My Account, contacting our Customer Solutions team or such other method made available by AGL from time to time.
3.2 Changing or removing Stored Payment Methods
- You may change or remove any of your Stored Payment Methods at any time.
- If you wish to change or remove any of your Stored Payment Methods you must notify AGL by logging in to My Account, contacting our Customer Solutions team or such other method made available by AGL from time to time.
- If you change or remove any Stored Payment Methods used for a standing Direct Debit or SMS Pay arrangement you must comply with the requirements for changing those arrangements in accordance with the Direct Debit (agl.com.au/ddterms) or SMS Pay (agl.com.au/smspayterms) terms and conditions (as applicable).
- Any future payments that are yet to be processed using your Stored Payment Method may be cancelled upon the removal of the Stored Payment Method.
4. CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
AGL may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time. If AGL varies these Terms and Conditions, AGL will provide you with written notice of the change as soon as practicable, which may be after the variation takes effect, and in any event, no later than on your next bill.
Details of your personal information, including Payment Methods (which is tokenised in the case of credit and debit cards), may also be used/disclosed by AGL in connection with the payment of any products and services that AGL makes available to you.