By providing your payment method details to us (AGL), you accept and understand that these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to your requested and authorised payment arrangement (Direct Debit arrangement) and you authorise your financial institution or any other payment service provider and AGL (User ID’s 348045, 348041, 373578, 23237282, 23237324 and 23426448) to arrange for funds to be debited from your relevant account in payment of amounts you owe to AGL from time to time (unless and until you cancel your Direct Debit arrangement). AGL is authorised to use your Direct Debit arrangement in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You should contact your financial institution or any other payment service provider if you are uncertain about providing your payment authority to us.
Terms and conditions
- AGL is authorised to use your nominated payment method to arrange the payment of amounts due and payable to AGL by you until your Direct Debit arrangement is cancelled or terminated in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Your authorised payment method details will be securely stored by AGL, and may be used by AGL, in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions available at agl.com.au/spmterms
- Where you have one AGL account number for your gas and electricity accounts, your Direct Debit arrangement is available and able to be used by AGL to arrange payment of both your gas and electricity bills.
- This service is not available for use in making payments from some passbook savings accounts.
- If your Direct Debit arrangement relies on a credit card or debit card, it can only be a Visa or MasterCard credit card or debit card (as applicable) and you authorise AGL to request payment from your nominated card account, using your current card and any replacement or substitute of that card from time to time. If your credit card or debit card has reached its expiry date, you should still provide AGL with your new details at least three business days prior to the next payment.
- A payment processing fee as provided for in our Fees and Charges (agl.com.au/help/rates-contracts/fees-charges) may apply to payments made using a credit card or debit card.
- Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may apply.
- Payment obligations falling on a non-business day will be processed using your Direct Debit arrangement on the next business day. If you are uncertain as to when a debit will be processed by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you may contact them directly.
- If your AGL account has an overdue amount prior to your Direct Debit arrangement commencing, you authorise us to debit this amount using your Direct Debit arrangement.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your nominated payment method account at the time of processing a payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by both your financial institution or any other payment service provider and AGL to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your nominated payment method account by the due date for the payment of any bill payable to AGL.
- AGL may terminate your Direct Debit arrangement if two consecutive payments are refused by your financial institution or any other payment service provider. You must then pay your bills using another payment method available to you and accepted by AGL.
- If you wish to change your Direct Debit arrangement (including your payment details), you must provide AGL with a new Direct Debit arrangement at least three business days prior to when the next bill is due to be paid.
- To cancel or terminate your Direct Debit arrangement you must notify AGL, your financial institution or any other payment service provider, at least three business days prior to when your next payment is due. If you cancel your Direct Debit arrangement, or a debit item, by notifying your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you must use your best endeavours to notify AGL as soon as practicable after the cancellation.
- If you request us to cancel your Direct Debit arrangement and do not provide us with a new Direct Debit arrangement, we will terminate your Direct Debit arrangement within three Business Days of being notified of your cancellation request.
- If you are leaving AGL, a final bill will be sent to you and the amount due will be debited using your Direct Debit arrangement.
- AGL may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time on not less than 14 days’ notice.
- AGL reserves the right, at any time, to withdraw this payment arrangement or stop or change a Direct Debit arrangement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, all Direct Debit arrangements will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution or payment service provider will be notified.
- You should check your account statements from your financial institution or any other payment service provider. Contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any payment or arrangement details. We will investigate the dispute and provide our response within 20 business days. You may also raise your dispute with your financial institution or any other payment service provider.
- The personal information collected by AGL under these Terms and Conditions is required to set up your Direct Debit arrangement. Failure to provide the information will mean AGL is unable to complete your request to set up your Direct Debit arrangement.
- Details of your Direct Debit arrangement, including your Direct Debit arrangement details (which are tokenised in the case of credit and debit cards), may be used in connection with your payment for products and services that AGL makes available to you.
AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions
You agree to allow AGL to use, disclose and store any of your details collected by AGL under these Terms and Conditions in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions available at agl.com.au/spmterms