By providing your payment method details to us (AGL) you accept and understand that these terms and conditions (Terms and Conditions) apply to your requested and authorised bank account payment method (stored payment method), and where applicable, you are also setting up a Direct Debit Request and Services Agreement (Direct Debit Arrangement). By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you authorise your financial institution or any other payment service provider and AGL (User ID’s 348045 AGL Sales Pty Limited, 348041 AGL South Australia Pty Ltd, 373578 AGL Retail Energy Limited, 23237282 AGL Energy Limited, 23237324 AGL Energy Limited, 23426448 AGL Retail Energy Ltd, 23836422 AGL Energy Sales Ltd, 23836414 AGL Sales Qld PL, 23836406 AGL Direct Debit Credit Card, 409321 AGL Energy Sales & Marketing Limited, 409312 AGL Sales (Queensland Electricity) Pty Limited and 409310 AGL Sales (Queensland Electricity) Pty Limited) to arrange for funds to be debited from your relevant account in payment of amounts you authorise, by using your stored payment method in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
You should contact your financial institution or any other payment service provider if you are uncertain about providing your payment authority to us.
Terms and conditions
- Your authorised stored payment method details will be securely stored by AGL and may be used by AGL in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method Terms and Conditions (available at agl.com.au/spmterms) and the AGL Direct Debit Arrangement Terms and Conditions (available at agl.com.au/ddterms).
- This service is not available for use in making payments from some passbook savings accounts.
- Bank transaction fees and government taxes may apply.
- Payments may be scheduled for a future date using a bank account that is stored in My Wallet. It is currently not possible to set up scheduled payments using credit cards or Pay Pal. This service is not available on some passbook savings accounts and is not available to customers who are on a payment management product (e.g. Bill Smoothing or an instalment plan).
- Where your payment obligations fall on a non-business day your authorised payment using your stored payment method will be processed on the next business day. Payments requested or authorised after 6.00 pm AEST on a business day may take an extra business day to process. If you are uncertain as to when a debit will be processed by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, you may contact them directly.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your stored payment method account at the time of processing your payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by your financial institution or any other payment service provider, and by AGL to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funds available in your stored payment method account by the date for the payment of any amount for which you authorise payment to AGL.
- If your authorisation for processing a payment is provided after the bill or instalment due date, AGL may not process that payment request. If your payment request is not processed for any reason, you will be notified by AGL and you will be required to pay the outstanding invoice or instalment amount through another payment method available to you and accepted by AGL.
- If you change your stored payment method, or your stored payment method details, after the batch processing time on the day your authorised payment will be processed, your stored payment method, or your stored payment method details, held by AGL as the time that AGL initiated the processing of your payment will be used to seek to make the payment and not your updated stored payment method or stored payment method details.
- You may change or remove your stored payment method, or any information relating to your stored payment method, at any time:
- in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method Terms and Conditions;
- by using the applicable My Account page; or
- by notifying AGL.
- Your Direct Debit Arrangement using your stored payment method may be cancelled or suspended:
- by contacting your financial institution or AGL;
- by using the applicable My Account page; or
- if your payment fails.
- Scheduled payments may be cancelled up until 6:00pm AEST on the prior business day.
- AGL may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time on not less than 14 days’ notice.
- AGL reserves the right, at any time, to withdraw this payment product or cancel any scheduled payments by giving you at least 14 days prior notice of the cancellation. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, any scheduled payments will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution or payment service provider will be notified.
- You should check your account statements from your financial institution or any other payment service provider. You may contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute or concerns about any payment or arrangement details. We will investigate the matter and provide our response within 20 days. You may also raise a dispute with your financial institution or any other payment service provider.
- The personal information collected by AGL in connection with your stored payment method and any payments using that method is required to set up and operate your stored payment method. Failure to provide the information will mean AGL is unable to complete your request to set up or operate under your stored payment method.
- Details of your stored payment method may be used/disclosed by AGL in connection with your payments to AGL.
AGL Stored Payment Method terms and conditions
- You agree to allow AGL to use, disclose or store any of your details, as collected by AGL, in relation to your stored payment method and in accordance with the AGL Stored Payment Method Terms and Conditions.