AGL Direct Debit Terms and Conditions
In proceeding with this application you accept and understand the terms and conditions of this Direct Debit agreement and authorise your financial institution and AGL (User ID’s 348045, 348041, 373578, 23237282, 23237324 and 23426448) to direct debit your account via the Bulk Electronic Clearing System (BECS) in payment of your energy account.
AGL Direct Debit Terms and Conditions:
- Where you have one AGL account number for your gas and electricity accounts, this Direct Debit agreement is applicable to both your gas and electricity bills.
- This service is not available on some passbook savings accounts.
- If you nominate a credit card account, it can only be a Visa or MasterCard credit card. A payment processing fee of up to 0.6%, GST inclusive, may apply to payments made from a credit card account.
- If your credit card has reached its expiry date, you must provide AGL with your new details at least three business days prior to the next payment.
- Bank transaction fees and Government taxes may apply.
- Payments falling on a non-business day will be deducted from your nominated financial account on the next business day.
- If your energy account has an overdue amount prior to the Direct Debit agreement commencing, this amount will be debited from your nominated financial account within three business days of the receipt of this authority.
- If sufficient funds are not available in your nominated financial account at the time of processing a payment, a dishonour fee may be charged by both your financial institution and AGL to cover reasonable administrative and processing costs.
- AGL may discontinue your Direct Debit arrangement if two consecutive payments are refused by your financial institution. You must then pay your energy bills using another AGL payment option.
- If you wish to change your Direct Debit agreement (including your bank details), you must provide AGL with a new authority at least three business days prior to the next payment.
- To terminate your Direct Debit agreement you must notify AGL or your financial institution at least three business days prior to your next payment. If you cancel your Direct Debit authority by notifying your financial institution, you must use your best endeavours to notify AGL as soon as practicable after the cancellation
- If you cancel your Direct Debit authority, we will no longer rely on this Direct Debit authority. If you are leaving AGL, a final account will be sent to you and the amount due will be debited from your nominated financial account.
- AGL may vary these Direct Debit terms and conditions at any time. If we vary these Direct Debit terms and conditions, we will provide you with written notice of the change as soon as practicable, which may be after the variation takes effect, and in any event, no later than on your next bill.
- AGL reserves the right to, at any time, withdraw this product or stop or change a Direct Debit agreement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, all payment plans will be cancelled immediately and both you and your financial institution will be notified. Contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any agreement details.
Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions
- To be eligible for Bill Smoothing:
- you must not have overdue debt with AGL on any of your accounts;
- you must not be on a “Promise to Pay” plan or hardship plan with AGL; and
- you cannot be a customer of AGL who has been with AGL for the previous 9 months without having been billed in that time.
- Bill Smoothing is only available to residential and small business customers
- You agree to pay your Bill Smoothing payments via Direct Debit (see Direct Debit terms and conditions) unless you have told us you want to pay by another method approved by AGL.
- You agree to receive your Bill Smoothing review letter by email unless you have told us you want to receive a paper copy by post. A fee may apply for paper bills.
- AGL may vary these Bill Smoothing terms and conditions at any time. If we vary these Bill Smoothing terms and conditions, we will provide you with written notice of the change as soon as practicable, which may be after the variation takes effect, and in any event, no later than on your next bill.
Bill Smoothing Payment, Calculation And Review
- Your Bill Smoothing payments will be based on your consumption history where available. If AGL has no consumption history available, AGL will estimate your consumption based on information available to AGL at the time.
- You agree that Bill Smoothing payments do not represent your actual consumption. You will be required to pay for your actual consumption if it is more than the amount you have paid for. This will be managed through the Bill Smoothing review process.
- If you have elected to make your Bill Smoothing payments on a monthly, rather than a fortnightly or weekly basis, your chosen payment date cannot be the 29th, 30th or 31st day of any given month, In the event that one of those dates is selected, your payment date will be deferred to the 1st day of the following month.
- You can request a payment deferral for up to one month’s worth of payments over the term of your Bill Smoothing arrangement. This, or these, deferred Bill Smoothing payment/s will be pro-rated over the remaining months in the Bill Smoothing term.
- AGL will review your Bill Smoothing arrangements periodically (usually in line with your billing cycle and meter reads) to assess whether your Bill Smoothing payments are appropriate with regard to the energy being consumed.
- Each time AGL conducts a review, you will receive a Bill Smoothing review letter with information relevant to your payments.
- Following a review, if required, your Bill Smoothing payment amount will be adjusted and you will be advised of the changes. Any undercharging or overcharging will be adjusted in accordance with our regulatory requirements – this may mean you are required to make an extra payment to AGL or that AGL will repay you any overpayment.
- You can choose to increase your Bill Smoothing payments or to make an extra payment at any time.
- If you have previously elected to have monthly billing, your Bill Smoothing arrangement will override that election and you will return to a standard billing cycle .applicable under the relevant energy regulations.
- If we cancel your Bill Smoothing payment arrangement, any outstanding amounts owing on your account must be paid in full.
Bill Smoothing Term
- Your Bill Smoothing arrangement has a term of approximately 12 months; the exact duration of the term may vary, depending on the timing of your meter reads.
- At the end of the term AGL will provide you with a reconciliation which details the payments and charges for the 12 months and may offer you a further Bill Smoothing arrangement for a further 12 month term.
- At the end of each term AGL will advise you of any outstanding debits or credits. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount can either be refunded or can remain on your account to pay future bills.
Cancelling Your Bill Smoothing Arrangement
- AGL may cancel your Bill Smoothing arrangement if you do not make your Bill Smoothing payments or if you have an outstanding debt with AGL.
- If you move house your Bill Smoothing arrangement will be automatically cancelled. You can apply to set up Bill Smoothing at your new house.
- If you switch providers, your AGL Bill Smoothing arrangement will be automatically cancelled.
- If you no longer wish to pay via Bill Smoothing then you must contact AGL and give at least 3 business days’ notice prior to the due date of your next Bill Smoothing payment.
- AGL reserves the right to, at any time, withdraw this product or stop or change a Bill Smoothing arrangement with 14 days prior notice. In the event that AGL ceases to trade, all Bill Smoothing arrangements will be cancelled immediately and you will be notified.
- If your Bill Smoothing payment arrangement is cancelled for any reason, AGL will provide you with a reconciliation which details the payments and charges to the point of cancellation. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount will be refunded.
- Contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any agreement details.