Manage and track your energy usage online or, view and pay your bills.
Manage your electricity, gas and solar
Securely view and track your energy usage and billing.
Usage at a glance
Stay on top of what you’re using. View usage breakdowns and track your energy usage if you have a digital meter.
View all your bills in one place. Easily check your bill breakdown and account balance.
Easy account management
Manage multiple property accounts easily, update your account details and set up payment methods that suit your lifestyle.
Not registered? You’ll need your account number handy
What you can do within My Account
- Organise your home or small business move
- Get detailed information about your energy usage
- View and pay your bills
- Manage your account
- Track your energy usage if you have a digital meter
- Choose to receive your bills via email
- Track your solar feed-in
- Set up Direct Debit
- Update your personal details
- Request a payment extension
- Keep up with your AGL Rewards
- Register for SMS Pay
- Add an authorised person to your energy account
- Set up flexible billing and payment options
My Account FAQs
How is bill projection calculated?
Your bill projection is an estimated total of what your bill will be at the end of your billing cycle, either for the month or for the quarter.
For customers with a smart meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your average daily usage so far and the amount of days left in your billing cycle.
For customers with a basic meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your energy usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, it will be based the average of similar customers or households in your state.
How are 'usage so far' and 'cost-to-date' calculated?
For customers with a smart meter:
- The usage so far is the amount of energy you've used so far in this billing cycle.
- The cost-to-date is the cost for your usage so far and will include supply charges, usage charges, any applicable solar, demand or green charges, and one-off credits, along with GST.
For customers with a basic meter:
- The usage so far is an estimated figure based on your usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, with this meter it will be based other customers or households in your state.
- The cost-to-date will be the costs associated with this estimated usage and includes supply charges, usage charges, guaranteed discounts and concessions, along with GST.
Regardless of your meter type, if you're receiving other credits like a pay on time discount this will not be included in the cost-to-date estimate.
Other helpful resources to help understand bill calculations:
- For more information on GST, refer to Do fees and charges include GST?
- If you have recently completed your own meter read and would like to understand how this affects your bill projection, please refer to How is my electricity bill calculated after completing my own meter read?
- Need more help understanding your bill? Take a look at I don't understand my bill. What can I do?
Step 2 Navigate to 'Manage Account' > 'Billing and Payments' > 'Enter Meter Read'
Step 3 Confirm which read you are submitting. Select 'Electricity' or 'Gas' and for which address
Step 4 Confirm safe and clear access to your meter, select 'OK to continue'
Step 5 Reading your meter left to right, enter the first 5 numbers including all zeroes
Step 6 Ensuring you've entered the correct numbers, click 'NEXT' to submit your meter read
Need help? See our guide on how to read your meter.
This feature isn't available to customers with a digital meter. Learn more about your digital meter.