How Staying Connected works
Sometimes you need a little more than a payment extension or instalment plan to pay your bills.
These reasons could include:
- losing your job or a change in income
- serious illness, disability or death in the family
- separation, divorce or other family crises, or
- other personal reasons.
In these situations, we can work with you to design a support program based on your unique situation. It's called Staying Connected.
For VIC see Payment Support.
Confidential and personalised support
The Staying Connected program is confidential and designed to help you get back on track with your home energy bill, repay your overdue bills and lower your ongoing usage costs.
Our trained consultants can:
- tailor a payment plan to your needs, your financial situation and what you can afford to pay
- provide you more information about payment options, government assistance and concessions that may be available to you
- put you in touch with free and independent financial counselling or support services
- offer you advice on energy efficiency.
While you're actively taking part in the Staying Connected program, we'll make sure your home gas or electricity is not disconnected and there is no collection action on your account.
It's all part of our commitment to the community.