When you signed up with your builder, you agreed to the following via an AGL handover form or signing up via AGL’s New Connections platform. For your reference, below are our Connections terms and conditions and Important Information you agreed to.
For new home owners – handover consent terms agreed to:
- Your builder will manage and coordinate the installation of the electricity and/or gas meters to the supply address during your home’s construction phase, including any additional metering alterations required for solar installation.
- You agree to AGL contacting you closer to the Handover Date to discuss your options for your ongoing energy supply, set up your energy account and discuss other AGL Energy Plans.
- If AGL is unable to contact you before the Handover Date, or you don't enter into an AGL Market Contract energy plan, you acknowledge and agree that you will be charged for any energy you consume after the Handover Date on the terms and prices of our Standard Retail Contract.
- You acknowledge that your builder may receive a fee from AGL for referring you to AGL.
- You understand and agree that AGL may vary rates from time to time, generally once a year in July with prior notice to you.
Important Information (including Reference Price)
Standard Retail Contracts
- AGL's Standard Retail Contract rates, fees and terms and conditions are available at agl.com.au/src. We may vary these rates and fees not more than once every 6 months with prior notice to you. Our Standard Retail Contract “Things you should know” booklet contains important information about being an AGL customer, so please take a moment to look over this document.
- A Basic Plan Information Document that contains the key information about AGL's Standard Retail Contract is available at agl.com.au/bpid
Reference Price is set by the Australian Energy Regulator (AER) and was introduced on 1 July 2019 for electricity rates. The Reference Price comparisons listed below are effective from 01/07/2020 and are subject to change.
- In New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland, for a customer on a single rate tariff, the electricity standing offer is equivalent to the Reference Price for an average usage customer. These amounts will differ for other tariff types, distribution areas and usage amounts. To view current rates and a Reference Price comparison (including the average usage amounts) for all tariff types and areas, view AGL's published electricity rates at agl.com.au/src.
Further details specific to your state are listed below.
For New South Wales customers:
- AGL's electricity Standard Retail Contract is equivalent to the Reference Price and has an estimated annual cost of $1462 for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Ausgrid distribution area who uses 3900 kWh per year. Depending on your actual usage, tariff type and distribution area, your annual costs could be different.
For South Australian customers:
- AGL's electricity Standard Retail Contract is equivalent to the Reference Price and has an estimated annual cost of $1832 for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the SA Power Networks distribution area who uses 4000 kWh per year. Depending on your actual usage and tariff type your annual costs could be different.
For Queensland customers:
- AGL's electricity Standard Retail Contract is equivalent to the Reference Price and has an estimated annual cost of $1508 for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Energex distribution area who uses 4600 kWh per year. Depending on your actual usage and tariff type your annual costs could be different.
- AGL's related bodies corporate and third parties provide products and services you may be interested in – including discounts and special offers.
- If you opted in to receive communications you may be contacted from time to time by AGL’s related bodies corporate (including but not limited to Southern Phone Company) to discuss and negotiate the terms for these products and services. You can opt out by contacting us on 131 245.
- If you opted into receive communications you may be contacted from time to time by third parties about these products and services. You can opt out by contacting us on 131 245.
Life Support registration
If you or anyone at your household rely on Life Support equipment or Medical devices which require the supply of electricity please call us on 131 245 to register your machine at your new supply address before the handover date. Life support is not transferable, you will need to complete a new medical confirmation form for your new address.
You can find information about energy concessions you may be eligible for at agl.com.au/concessions
Dispute Resolution Policy and Your Rights
You will also be able to find more information about our commitments to customers and our Dispute Resolution Policy at agl.com.au/yourrights
AGL has financial support programs available for those who need it. To find more information please visit agl.com.au/stayingconnected
Acceptance of model standing offer
I acknowledge that by submitting this form I am indicating that the terms set out in the Distributor’s model standing offer for basic connection services (a copy of which can be requested from my Distributor) are acceptable to me.