Pay my bill
Pay your energy bill below or pay your telecommunications bill here.
Enter your AGL bill reference number below.
Your reference number can be found under payment options on the back of your AGL bill or on page two of your online bill.
Need more help?
Join over half a million AGL customers who currently enjoy the convenience of Direct Debit. Pay your AGL bills automatically when they’re due from your nominated savings, cheque, credit card or PayPal account. Apply now with your account number or view the Direct Debit terms and conditions. For greater convenience, set up your Direct Debit with eBilling.
If you set up Direct Debit, any overdue balance will be deducted immediately.
- Receipt Number
- AGL Reference Number
- Payment Amount
- Payment Date
- Credit Card Type
- Credit Card Number
- Credit Card Expiry
If you would like us to email you a receipt, please enter your email address
Explore other billing and payment options
Have more control over when and how you receive your energy bills with our monthly billing options and eBilling.
Make bill payments easier by exploring our flexible ways to pay.
Having trouble paying your bills?
Need a bit more time to pay or having trouble staying on top of your bills?
Explore the concessions and payment support options available to you.
Your Reference Number can be found under Payment Options on the back of your AGL bill or on page two of your online bill. You may need to download the PDF document to find the reference number. You can download your bill in PDF format through My Account.
How is bill projection calculated?
Your bill projection is an estimated total of what your bill will be at the end of your billing cycle, either for the month or for the quarter.
For customers with a smart meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your average daily usage so far and the number of days left in your billing cycle.
For customers with a basic meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your energy usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, it will be based the average of similar customers or households in your state.
How are 'usage so far' and 'cost-to-date' calculated?
For customers with a smart meter:
- The usage so far is the amount of energy you've used so far in this billing cycle.
- The cost-to-date is the cost for your usage so far and will include supply charges, usage charges, any applicable solar, demand or green charges, and one-off credits, along with GST.
For customers with a basic meter:
- The usage so far is an estimated figure based on your usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, with this meter it will be based other customers or households in your state.
- The cost-to-date will be the costs associated with this estimated usage and includes supply charges, usage charges, guaranteed discounts and concessions, along with GST.
Regardless of your meter type, if you're receiving other credits like a pay on time discount this will not be included in the cost-to-date estimate.
Other helpful resources to help understand bill calculations:
- For more information on GST, refer to Do fees and charges include GST?
- If you have recently completed your own meter read and would like to understand how this affects your bill projection, please refer to How is my electricity bill calculated after completing my own meter read?
- Need more help understanding your bill? Take a look at I don't understand my bill. What can I do?