Manage your electricity, gas and solar on the go
Conveniently view and track your energy usage and billing.
Usage at a glance
No more bill shock. View and compare your daily or weekly usage and track solar performance all in one app.
View all your bills in one place. Easily check your bill breakdown and account balance anywhere, anyplace.
Easy account management
Manage multiple property accounts easily, update your account details and save your favourite payment methods.
Register easily online with your AGL account number.
Share your experiences with us to keep ourselves on track in providing you the experience you want. We’d love your feedback on any improvements or features.
Need help with the app? Find out how others have solved difficulties you might be encountering.
AGL Energy app FAQs
How is bill projection calculated?
Your bill projection is an estimated total of what your bill will be at the end of your billing cycle, either for the month or for the quarter.
For customers with a smart meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your average daily usage so far and the amount of days left in your billing cycle.
For customers with a basic meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your energy usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, it will be based the average of similar customers or households in your state.
How are 'usage so far' and 'cost-to-date' calculated?
For customers with a smart meter:
- The usage so far is the amount of energy you've used so far in this billing cycle.
- The cost-to-date is the cost for your usage so far and will include supply charges, usage charges, any applicable solar, demand or green charges, and one-off credits, along with GST.
For customers with a basic meter:
- The usage so far is an estimated figure based on your usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, with this meter it will be based other customers or households in your state.
- The cost-to-date will be the costs associated with this estimated usage and includes supply charges, usage charges, guaranteed discounts and concessions, along with GST.
Regardless of your meter type, if you're receiving other credits like a pay on time discount this will not be included in the cost-to-date estimate.
Other helpful resources to help understand bill calculations:
- For more information on GST, refer to Do fees and charges include GST?
- If you have recently completed your own meter read and would like to understand how this affects your bill projection, please refer to How is my electricity bill calculated after completing my own meter read?
- Need more help understanding your bill? Take a look at I don't understand my bill. What can I do?