Register life support equipment
If you have life support equipment at the property, it may rely on energy for the equipment to work. However sometimes your power needs to be turned off for scheduled maintenance or repairs.
By registering the life support equipment, we’ll make sure you’re kept up-to-date on any planned energy supply interruptions. That means you’ll receive life support protections, including at least four business days’ prior written notice of retailer or distributor planned outages and other restrictions to power supply at your property.
If you’ve already registered with your distributor, they’ll let us know. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
- Register the life support equipment with us by calling 131 245
- We will:
- email or post you a medical confirmation form and details about our life support program. If your request was made by email, remember to check your junk folder and view the form in the body of the email. It won’t be an attachment.
- help you prepare for an unplanned energy supply outage with information to help you prepare an emergency action plan (PDF)
- apply temporary life support protection to your account to give you time to have the form completed by a medical practitioner and returned to us by the due date.
- Have a medical practitioner complete and sign the relevant section of your form.
- Return your form by the due date included in your letter or email to the following address:
AGL Life Support
Reply Paid 84146
Melbourne VIC 8001
- Once we've processed your form, we'll send you confirmation by letter or email, depending on your communication preference for important notices.