Disability Action Plan
Our FY2023-2024 Disability Action Plan was created in partnership with the Australian Network on Disability.
The plan outlines our key focus areas for improving disability inclusion:
- Fostering accessible and inclusive practices through embedding our Reasonable Adjustment Guidelines, reviewing our recruitment and communications processes, and introducing new mentoring programs,
- Leveraging diversity of thinking by encouraging leader-led initiatives and supporting local working groups,
- Developing data-driven insights through D&I survey reporting and benchmarking index,
- Showcasing our commitment and celebrate our achievements with our people, customers and communities.
This plan is being led by Damien Nicks, CEO and Executive Sponsor of AGL Ability, and our AGL Ability Committee.
Accessible processes for customers
We offer several services to help vision impaired customers read their bills, all outlined on the Help & Support page on our website. These include:
- Electronic billing (PDFs can be enlarged on screen),
- Enlarged bills (A3 size),
- Voice (we will call you to read out your bill line-by-line).
We have also developed an Easy English guide to explain energy bills which is available here.
If you are deaf or find it hard to hear or talk you can contact the National Relay Service online or call 1300 555 727.
We have committed to The Valuable 500, making us the first Australian energy company to join the global collective.
The Valuable 500 is a global movement putting disability inclusion on the business leadership agenda. The movement is calling on 500 of the most influential business leaders and their organisations to ignite systematic change for the 1.3 billion people living with disabilities around the world. As members, we will join a community of like-minded businesses committed to raising their game on disability.
AGL Ability network
The AGL Ability Network is an internal space for all AGL people to collaborate, support each other and discuss disability inclusion, supported by our AGL Ability Committee. As part of the network, we welcome people of all abilities to be a part of the conversation and get involved in events and news through our internal online channels.
Please contact us on Disability@agl.com.au to provide feedback on the accessibility of our products and services. We welcome all feedback, particularly from our customers with lived experience with disability.