AGL recently responded to the Queensland Government’s consultation on the review of Queensland’s energy legislation – options paper. This options paper reviewed a variety of topics including:
- Energy efficiency and demand management
- Interactions with applied national laws
- Powers of entry and resumption
- Technical requirements
- Price control
- Dispute resolution (Comprising Energy and Water Ombudsman arrangements; Regulator)
- Consumer protection
- Emergency powers
- Offences and enforcement – structural arrangements and penalties
In our submission, we emphasised the importance of national alignment, both from the perspective of a reduction in red tape, as well as from a consistency perspective for both customers and industry participants.
You can read our full submission here.