To be eligible for an AGL Payment Arrangement (APA):
1. You must be a residential or small business customer; and
2. You must not be on an AGL Instalment Plan or alternative payment arrangement for the same account.
AGL may vary these APA terms and conditions at any time with written notice to you.
APA Payment, Calculation and Review
3. Your agreed APA payments are set out in the attached schedule of payments.
4. You acknowledge that your agreed APA payments are based on your consumption history (to estimate future consumption) and the amount of any existing debt you have with AGL on your relevant account. If AGL has no consumption history available, AGL will estimate your consumption based on information available to AGL at the time.
5. You agree that APA payments do not represent your actual consumption. You will be required to pay for your actual consumption and any existing debt with AGL on your relevant account if it is more than the amount you have paid for. This will be managed through the APA review process.
6. If you have elected to make your APA payments on a monthly, rather than a fortnightly or weekly basis, your chosen payment date cannot be the 29th, 30th or 31st day of any given month, In the event that one of those dates is selected, your payment date will be deferred to the 1st day of the following month.
7. AGL will review your APA periodically (usually in line with your billing cycle and meter reads) to assess whether your APA payments are appropriate with regard to the energy being consumed and the amount of any existing debt you have with AGL on your relevant account
8. Each time AGL conducts a review, you will receive an APA review letter with information relevant to your payments.
9. Following a review, if required, AGL may contact you to agree to a new APA payment amount.
10. You can choose to increase your APA payments or to make an extra payment at any time.
11. This APA will not affect your billing cycle and you will continue to receive bills in line with your elected frequency.
12. If we cancel your APA, any outstanding amounts owing on your account must be paid in full.
13. The duration of your APA will depend on the time it takes for your AGL debt to be paid off, but will not exceed 12 months. At the end of your APA term, AGL may choose to extend your APA by providing you with notice in writing.
14. At the end of your APA, AGL will automatically place you on a Bill Smoothing arrangement for a 12-month term. The AGL Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions will then apply to you. Please refer to the Bill Smoothing Terms and Conditions for details of that arrangement. The details of your Bill Smoothing will be sent to you at the completion of your APA.
15. At the end of your APA, AGL will advise you of any outstanding debits or credits. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount can either be refunded or can remain on your account to pay future bills.
Cancelling Your APA
16. If you do not make your APA payments in full by the due date, AGL will contact you to discuss adjusting your APA payments.
17. If AGL is unable to contact you, or you continue to fail to make your APA payments in full, AGL may cancel your APA.
18. If you move house, your APA will be automatically cancelled. You can apply to set up an APA at your new house.
19. If you switch providers, your APA will be automatically cancelled.
20. If you wish to end your APA, then you must contact AGL and give at least 3 business days' notice prior to the due date of your next APA payment.
21. If your APA is cancelled for any reason, AGL will provide you with a reconciliation which details the payments and charges to the point of cancellation. If your account is in debit you will be required to pay the outstanding amount. If your account is in credit, the amount will be refunded.
22. Contact AGL Customer Service 24/7 on 131 245 for assistance or if you have a dispute about any agreement details.