• You and your electrician are responsible for the submission.
• You can apply quicker online.
What to submit
For an Installation request, you’ll need:
• Completed customer application online• Certificate of Electrical Safety (CES), completed by your electrician
• Electrical Work Request (EWR), completed by your electrician
• AGL is responsible for validation.
• Your application will be processed in 3-5 business days.
We’ll let you know via our online portal if information you provide needs revising, and you can respond with the required information.
Alternatively, we may contact you or your electrician for this information. Your application is ‘on hold’ until the additional
information is received. We’ll also contact you if your request attracts any non-standard charges.
Issuing a service order
Once all information is received, we’ll raise the request with your Distributor. When they accept your request, we will send you an SMS confirmation. The site must then be accessible for the Distributor to carry out the request.
• Your Distributor (the company responsible for the poles, wires and meters in your area) is responsible for visiting the site and installing the meter.
• In most cases, the Distributor may take between 10-15 business days to complete a standard work request.
To complete the installation, your Distributor will require:
• A clean site free from rubbish
• Clear access to the meter box
• Unlocked gates
• a safe environment (nothing to prevent installation such as a loose switchboard, exposed wires or a point of attachment that is too high or low).
If the site is in a satisfactory condition, the Distributor will install the meter. If not, the Distributor may charge a ‘wasted truck visit’ fee and cancel the order. If this occurs, we will notify you and arrange to resubmit.
• AGL will send you an SMS to confirm completion.
• AGL will invoice you for any fees charged by the Distributor.
Fees and charges
Fees are set by your Distributor and passed through by AGL. As these vary according to the work required and the Distributor operating in your area, we are unable to quantify this figure at the initial application stage.
Your acceptance of any standard fees is required as part of your application. If your Distributor classifies
your fee as non-standard, we will contact you to obtain your approval before proceeding.
AGL.com.au works with a wide range of browsers and mobile devices. However, if you'd like to use many of our latest features, please upgrade to a fully supported browser.
|Download Internet Explorer||Microsoft|