AGL retailer feed-in tariff in New South Wales
11.1 (GST excl.) cents per kilowatt hour
A feed-in tariff is the rate paid for any electricity your solar PV system feeds into the grid. The rate you receive may differ if you are eligible for a government scheme feed-in tariff. These rates can change from time to time. If they do, we will notify you no later than your next bill after the change.
Solar refund information
If you request a change to your solar refund arrangements, you are agreeing to the following additional terms and conditions.
Terms applicable for NSW, SA and QLD customers only, for customers in Victoria current gazetted terms apply.
These terms are to be read in conjunction with any existing contractual or regulatory arrangements between you and AGL and, subject to AGL's Regulatory Requirements, these terms override any terms in the existing arrangements between you and AGL to the extent of any inconsistency.
1. Subject to any Regulatory Requirements, these terms govern the payment, by cheque or electronic funds transfer, of electricity account credit balance amounts by AGL to you, to the extent that the credit is due to amounts credited for solar electricity generation ('Solar Credit Balance Payment').
2. In order to be eligible to receive periodic Solar Credit Balance Payments for an electricity account:
a. your electricity account must have an account credit balance of $10 or greater at the time of payment;
b. your account credit must be based on an actual meter read by your distributor;
c. you must not be currently disputing a matter with us in relation to your accounts before an ombudsman; and
d. if you have overdue debt on another AGL account, we must have contacted you about this debt and agreed the particular terms on which we will pay you a periodic Solar Credit Balance Payment.
3. You may choose one of the following options for the periodic payment by AGL of your Solar Credit Balance Payments. You may request that:
a. we pay you an 'Annual Credit Balance Payment' in accordance with clause 4;
b. we pay you a Solar Credit Balance Payment by electronic funds transfer after each electricity bill that has an account credit balance of $10 or greater; or
c. we do not pay you Solar Credit Balance Payments on a periodic basis, which will result in the account credit balance being applied towards the next electricity bill issued by us.
4. If you choose to receive Annual Credit Balance Payments:
a. you may select a date for your Annual Credit Balance Payments ('Solar Refund Date') by notifying us through AGL Energy Online or by calling 24/7 on 1300 716 516;
b. if you do not select a Solar Refund Date, we will select your Solar Refund Date based on the date you first become eligible for solar credits; and
c. we will pay you a Solar Credit Balance Payment on the date of your first electricity bill after your Solar Refund Date if that bill has an account credit balance of $10 or greater;
d. you may notify us of your choice to receive Annual Credit Balance Payments:
i. by cheque, in which case the cheque will be sent to the address to which your electricity bills are sent; or
ii. by electronic funds transfer, in which case you agree that we may contact you to confirm your bank details.
5. These terms do not affect your right under any other agreement to request a one-off payment of your credit balance.
6. We will not issue a Solar Credit Balance Payment if the credit balance is a result of an overpayment by you or us on your account.
7. Regulatory Requirements means any Commonwealth, State or local government legislation including acts of parliament, regulations, by-laws or other subordinate legislation, judicial, administrative or regulatory decrees or orders, or any mandatory approvals and guidelines, including industry standards or administrative interpretations of them, as may be in force and as amended from time to time.
Solar Feed In Electricity Recipient Created Tax Invoice Agreement
The recipient and the supplier declare that this agreement applies to supplies of feed in electricity to the grid from the customer to AGL. The recipient can issue tax invoices in respect of these supplies. The supplier will not issue tax invoices in respect of these supplies. The supplier acknowledges that it is registered for GST and that it will notify the recipient if it ceases to be registered. The recipient acknowledges that it is registered for GST and that it will notify the supplier if it ceases to be registered for GST. Acceptance of this Recipient Created Tax Invoice constitutes acceptance of the terms of this written agreement. Both parties to this supply agree that they are parties to a Recipient Created Tax Invoice Agreement. The supplier agrees to notify the recipient if the supplier does not wish to accept the proposed agreement within 21 days of receiving this document.
View our Victorian Feed In terms here