The speed of an nbn connection
The speed of your internet connection depends on a number of factors including:
- your type of connection (FTTP, FTTC, FTTN, FTTB, FW or HFC)
- modem quality
- in-home cabling
- distance between your modem and Wi-Fi devices
- electrical and Wi-Fi channel interference
- FW (Fixed Wireless) connections can also be affected by cell congestion
- number of devices connected
There is no guarantee that the devices in your home will be able to achieve those speeds.
AGL internet connections are available in three different speed tiers. For details on our nbn plans, including speed tiers, view our Key Facts Sheet.
For online gaming, we recommend our Home Standard or Home Fast nbn Plans.