1. The ins and outs of the Customer Service Guarantee (CSG)
We’re committed to giving you great customer service and complying with our CSG obligations under the Telecommunications (Consumer Protection and Service Standards) Act 1999 (the Act) and the Telecommunications (Customer Service Guarantee) Standard 2011 (CSG Standard).
The Act and the CSG Standard require us to guarantee that you’ll get minimum levels of service for your standard telephone services and enhanced call handling features. This covers timeframes to connect your services and fix faults, and in keeping our appointments with you.
The CSG also requires us to compensate you financially if you take up an eligible service and we don’t meet the guarantees.
Give us a call on 1300 361 676 if you have any questions about the CSG Standard or the CSG waiver.
2. What’s covered?
The CSG covers the supply of standard telephone services, including VoIP (Voice over IP) services, and enhanced call-handling features like call waiting.
The CSG doesn’t apply to the following services:
- mobile or satellite telephone services;
- broadband/internet services;
- customer equipment; and
- services to customers that have more than five standard telephone services.
However, if one of these services is bundled with a standard telephone service, we’ll need you to provide a CSG waiver – see below.
3. A step by step look at the CSG waiver
Our AGL nbn® Home Phone plans are supplied on the basis that you waive your CSG rights. This means you agree to waive your CSG rights for your Home Phone service and other enhanced call-handling features like call waiting.
You don’t have to waive your CSG rights, but if you don’t, we won’t be able to supply the service to you, as this is how we’ve designed the Home Phone plan. By agreeing to this CSG waiver, you agree to waive your rights under the CSG Standard, including your rights to financial compensation relating to the following:
- damages for breach of performance standards, and the time to pay these damages, under sections 116 and 117A of the Act;
- information to be given to customers under the CSG Standard;
- timeframes to connect a service and to fix faults or service difficulties under the CSG Standard; and
- performance standards relating to customer appointments under the CSG Standard.
Please be assured that waiving your CSG rights doesn’t change our goal to provide the best experience for our customers. We’re committed to giving you great value and great service. If you ever have any issues with your service, just get in touch and we’ll do our best to make things right as soon as possible. This waiver starts when you agree to it. If you agree to the waiver over the phone, the waiver will start 5 working days after you agree unless you withdraw your agreement before then.
nbn®, nbn co and other nbn logos and brands are trade marks of nbn co limited and used under licence.