AGLs MVFC Virtual Reality booth/Signed and Framed Jersey Competition – Terms and Conditions
1) This competition is open to Australian residents only. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter and agencies or people associated with the development of this promotion are ineligible to enter.
2) The promotion is open from 3.00pm AEDT on 1 December 2018 and closes at 9.00pm AEDT on 14 April 2019 (“Promotion Period”).
3) Information on eligibility to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
4) The promoter of this competition is AGL Energy Limited (ABN 74 115 061 375) of 200 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, telephone 131 245 (Promoter).
5) Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights under or in connection with these Terms and conditions at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6) To make an eligible entry and go into the draw to win a 2018/19 Official Melbourne Victory Signed and Framed jersey, an individual must provide their name, email address and phone number with consent to receive communications from AGL about products and offers when participating in the AGL Virtual Reality booth (or their children in accordance with clause 8) managed by the Promoter at the AGL Power Up Zone during the 2018-19 A-League Season.
7) Each person (in their capacity as an individual) may make one eligible entry into the competition for each time they participate in the AGL Virtual Reality booth managed by the Promoter of them at the AGL Power Up Zone. An eligible entry in an individual capacity is one submitted by a single Eligible Entrant who, if chosen to be a winning entrant, will be the sole recipient of the relevant prize.
8) Entrants must be over 18 and/or the legal parent or guardian of children (aged 6-17 years) who participated in the AGL Virtual Reality booth.
9) Entrants bear full responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries that are reasonably considered to be incomprehensible by the judges will not be judged as part of the competition.
10) This is a game of chance. There is only 1 winner.
11) The draw will take place at AGL offices, 699 Bourke Street, Docklands, VIC, 3008 on Wednesday 17 April, 2019. If for whatever reason an individual is not able to take the prize or does not take it up within a reasonable time as stipulated by the Promoter, the judging panel will select the next best entry to receive the prize.
12) All winners will be notified by the Promoter, by phone or email address using the contact details provided as part of their entry. The winner’s name will be published at agl.com.au/AGLVictoryComp.
13) The promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into after the winner is announced.
14) There is one (1) major prize:
• Major Prize - A 2018/2019 Official Melbourne Victory Signed and Framed Jersey valued at $1200
15) The prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
16) If, for any reason, the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, at its absolute discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any directions from a regulatory authority.
17) All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant's name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting the Promoter, any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
18) All entrants consent to the Promoter using their submission and/or any components of the submission (including any photograph, film and/or recording), whether or not they are a winner in the competition, in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting the Promoter, any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter. As a condition of entering this promotion, each entrant licenses the Promoter to use their entry in any media for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original artistic work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. Entrants agree to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. Entrants consent to any use of their entry which may otherwise infringe their moral rights pursuant to the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth).
19) If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.
20) Any cost associated with preparing and submitting an entry and accessing the promotional website is the entrant’s responsibility.
21) This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or any other Social Network.
22) Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where arising out of the following:
- a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control);
- b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference;
- c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter;
- d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions;
- e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or entrant; or
- f) use of the prize.
23) As a condition of accepting the prize, the winner may be required to sign legal documentation as and in the form required by the Promoter and/or prize suppliers in their absolute discretion, including but not limited to a legal release and indemnity form.