Solar Assistance can help you fund your own solar panel system on your farm or rural small business, from a minimum 10kW in size up to 100kW. We’ll design and install the system for you, reducing the upfront cost by between $2,500 and $25,000 (excl GST), depending on its size. For every kW of solar you install, you’ll get a discount of $250 (excl GST). Once your system is up and running, the solar energy it generates won’t cost you anything; however other associated costs such as maintenance will still apply.
Please note, this assistance package is only available to 30 June 2020, unless extended or fully subscribed.
Solar Assistance is intended for customers who are able to purchase the subsidised solar system upfront. You should make your own enquiries and seek independent legal advice as to whether Solar Assistance is appropriate for you and your financial circumstances.
A site inspection is required to determine site suitability, and we will discuss with you what size system is appropriate for your circumstances. You may be required, at your cost, to ensure that your premises are suitable for the solar system.
#Small Business Entity (ATO definition): You are a small business entity if you are carrying on a business with less than $10 million aggregated turnover. When we say 'you' we mean the individual, partnership, company or trust that runs the business.
Have a question about your application?
Call our dedicated Solar Assistance support line on 1300 361 391 between 9am – 5pm AET, Monday to Friday.
Looking for financial support?
See if you’re eligible to apply for our Drought Relief Assistance.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
• Solar Assistance Incentive is a discount to the system price of $250 (excl GST) for each 1kW installed
• Minimum system size eligible for the discount is 10kW
• Maximum system size eligible for the discount is 100kW
• Applicants do not need to have an active AGL electricity or gas account
• Cannot be applied to multiple accounts (if customers has more than 1 business account)
• For outright purchases, the Upfront Solar Discount is a once off payment applied to the system price on a lumpsum basis before taxes
• Eligible only for systems supplied and installed by AGL
• System sizing subject to engineering design
• Subject to the solar sale standard AGL Terms & Conditions which are available upon request
• The offer for Solar Assistance is only available to 30th June 2020 unless fully subscribed or extended.