Drought Relief Assistance
Our assistance initiative could help you get back on track with your energy bills and take some pressure off running your farm or small business.
Simply complete the online application form, and you could wipe up to $1,500 (incl GST) of existing debt from your AGL Business energy account.#
Please note, this assistance package is available to 30 June 2021, unless extended or fully subscribed.
Check the criteria below to see if your farm or rural small business may be eligible for assistance.
#$1,500 is the total amount across gas and electricity. Amount includes GST.
*AGL Business Account: Any customer who is currently signed on to an AGL SME Energy Plan and is using less than the state based large market thresholds for energy consumption as follows: Gas < 1 TJ across all states, Elec < 100 MWh for NSW & QLD, Elec < 40 MWh for VIC, Elec < 160 MWh for SA.
^For customers that have multiple accounts, the grant will be applied to the oldest overdue debt first followed by the largest overdue debt.
Free financial counselling
With Drought Relief Assistance, you can also register for independent and confidential advice from a community based financial counselor, at no cost to you. Simply tick the relevant box on your application form and a representative will be in touch.
Additional Terms and Conditions:
• Have an active AGL account
• Up to a maximum of $1,500 incl GST per customer (total across gas/electricity)
• Maximum of 1 application per customer
• Cannot be applied to multiple properties
• Drought relief payment cannot put the customer into a credit balance
• Once off credit applied to the account
• Cannot be paid out as cash
• Cannot be transferred onto another contract or account
• Decision to award drought relief grant is at AGL’s discretion
• The offer for Drought Relief is available till 30th June 2021 unless fully subscribed or extended.