Wondering about your energy usage?
With the AGL Energy App, you can keep on top of your energy, the easy way. Everything you need is in the palm of your hand.
The AGL Energy App is available for all residential and small business AGL energy customers. To get started, simply download the app and login with your AGL My Account details. Then you're all ready to go.
Stay on top of your usage
Compare your energy usage. If you have a digital meter, the AGL Energy App can help you track your usage, which means no more surprises.
Grab a summary. Or dive into detail.
Have a quick question? Get a quick answer. Need more detail? You can look up your historical billing data. Your energy is in your hands.
Get tomorrow's bill, today
If you have a digital meter, get an estimate of how much to pay even before the billing period is over. The AGL Energy App works hand-in-hand with the meter to calculate a projection of your next electricity bill.*
Pay your residential or small business energy bill in seconds. With the AGL Energy App, you can view your current bill and pay using your credit card or Paypal account. There's no need to deal with paper bills again.
Join the AGL Community to get news and updates on the AGL Energy App.
Download the app
Get the AGL Energy App from the Google Play store and the Apple App Store.
How is bill projection calculated?
Your bill projection is an estimated total of what your bill will be at the end of your billing cycle, either for the month or for the quarter.
For customers with a smart meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your average daily usage so far and the amount of days left in your billing cycle.
For customers with a basic meter, the bill projection estimate will be based on your energy usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, it will be based the average of similar customers or households in your state.
How are 'usage so far' and 'cost-to-date' calculated?
For customers with a smart meter:
- The usage so far is the amount of energy you've used so far in this billing cycle.
- The cost-to-date is the cost for your usage so far and will include supply charges, usage charges, any applicable solar, demand or green charges, and one-off credits, along with GST.
For customers with a basic meter:
- The usage so far is an estimated figure based on your usage for the same period last year, your most recent bill, or if you're new to AGL, with this meter it will be based other customers or households in your state.
- The cost-to-date will be the costs associated with this estimated usage and includes supply charges, usage charges, guaranteed discounts and concessions, along with GST.
Regardless of your meter type, if you're receiving other credits like a pay on time discount this will not be included in the cost-to-date estimate.
Other helpful resources to help understand bill calculations:
- For more information on GST, refer to Do fees and charges include GST?
- If you have recently completed your own meter read and would like to understand how this affects your bill projection, please refer to How is my electricity bill calculated after completing my own meter read?
- Need more help understanding your bill? Take a look at I don't understand my bill. What can I do?
*Projected bills are an estimate only. Actual bill may be different if your usage patterns change during the billing period.