The purpose of this portal is to provide general Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) information to current and future contractors who will be supplying general services to AGL. Additional site specific HSE information and requirements will be made available upon request from relevant AGL personnel during the contractor selection and engagement process, as well as during site premobilisation.
AGL Contractor engagement process
HSE Standards, Procedures, Processes & Resources
HSE Standards & procedures specify the minimum requirements for HSE management whilst working on AGL sites.
Prior to commencing work on an AGL site, HSE Management Processes need to be verified. This is done through an external provider, CM3.
Prior to arriving on site, assurance is required that the correct safe systems of work are identified and in place, and that personnel are appropriately licenced and trained to conduct work safely.
These policies provide information about AGL's Environment and Health and Safety Policies.
The AGL Lifesaving rules are the Safety non-negotiables for personnel working on AGL sites.
Critical Control Checks are in-field observations conducted by AGL leaders to provide assurance that critical safety and environmental aspects of high risk tasks are in place.
The following HSE Standards and Procedures specify the minimum standard for contractor HSE Management on all AGL operational sites and locations.
They are not an exhaustive list, however, they provide a baseline for the development of procedures, SWMS and JSEAs. Please contact your AGL representative for further information if required.
- Asbestos and Synthetic Mineral Fibres Standard
- Confined Spaces Standard
- Contractor HSE Management Standard
- Electrical Work Standard
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Standard
- Excavation Standard
- Hazardous Chemicals Standard
- Hot Work Standard
- HSE Incident, Near Miss and Hazard Management Procedure
- HSE Risk Management Standard
- Isolation Standard
- Lifting Operations Standards
- Permit to Work Standard
- Plant and Equipment Standard
- Vehicle, Driving and Traffic Management Standard
- Working at Heights and Fall Prevention Standard
All suppliers entering into a contract with AGL to provides services on AGL sites or customer locations are required to complete HSE Prequalification through the CM3 Prequalification system. Other suppliers may also be requested to complete prequalification, based upon the scope or risk of the required services or supply. The CM3 prequalification process takes approximately 10 working days and is a prerequisite for access to AGL sites.
The CM3 website can be accessed by clicking on the following link.
Back to top >>
The Authority to Mobilise (ATM) is a pre-mobilisation check that must be completed by all suppliers that provide services on AGL sites, or customer locations. Suppliers are required to complete an ATM form and submit it, along with all requested information, to their nominated AGL Contract Representative, for review and approval, prior to attending AGL sites, or customer locations.
Please note - some service providers, such as delivery drivers/couriers are not required to complete an ATM (excluding the transfer of bulk chemicals and some large plant). Please contact your AGL Contract Representative for clarification.
Please click the link below to access the Authority to Mobilise form.
Information about AGL's Health, Safety and Environment policy is available below:Back to top >>
The AGL Lifesaving rules have been developed as a set of non-negotiables for personnel working on AGL sites.
AGL Lifesaving rules are designed to keep people safe, and failure to comply with a lifesaving rule at any time may result in action including suspension or banning from site.
Critical Control Checks are in-field observations conducted by AGL leaders to provide assurance that critical safety and environmental aspects of high-risk tasks are in place.
See below for examples of Critical Control Checks currently in use across AGL.
- Critical Control Checks - Contact with Electricity
- Critical Control Checks - Fall from Heights
- Critical Control Checks - Isolation
- Critical Control Checks - Loss of Containment
- Critical Control Checks - Suspended Loads
- Critical Control Checks - Uncontrolled Air Emissions
- Critical Control Checks - Uncontrolled Plant Interaction
- Critical Control Checks - Vehicles and Pedestrian Interaction
- Critical Control Checks - Working In and Around Excavation
- Critical Control Checks - Working in Confined Space
- Critical Control Checks - Working with Hazardous Chemicals