AGL today announced it is expanding its presence in Western Australia by launching services that help businesses manage energy and reduce their energy costs.
AGL’s Business Energy Solutions offering is being formally launched at the AGL Business Lunch which is being held in conjunction with the West Coast Eagles in Perth today.
AGL General Manager Customer Markets Kellie Benda said the offering would include:
- solar energy systems – grid-connected systems designed for a customer’s location and business needs;
- energy efficient lighting – quick and easy way for businesses to reduce electricity consumption;
- energy storage – small to commercial size batteries that store and provide energy as needed;
- power factor correction – cutting customers’ network charges by reducing their ‘demand’ on the network; and
- off-grid solar energy systems – replacing diesel generators in remote locations with sustainable solutions.
“For more than 25 years AGL has been providing energy solutions to businesses in the eastern states and for the last two years we have been on the ground in WA as a retailer of gas to residential and business customers,” Ms Benda said.
“With the launch of Business Energy Solutions in WA, we will offer end-to-end turn-key solutions including design, management and installation, to help large and small businesses in WA reduce their energy usage and costs.
“Our team, which includes engineers, project managers and business development managers, analyse customers’ business objectives and energy usage and tailor solutions to meet their needs and budgets using the latest innovations and technology.
“Solutions might include upgrading lighting with more efficient LEDs or investing in a solar system that reduces energy costs.”
Ms Benda said that in just the last two years, AGL had helped businesses by:
- installing more than 26 megawatts (MW) of solar systems
- saving them more than $2 million per year through the installation of light emitting diode (LED) lighting, and
- supplying, installing and maintaining more than 1,000 power factor correction units that support improving power quality.
“Examples include installing solar energy systems for the Yalumba winery in South Australia, Heritage Fine Chocolates factory in Melbourne and Santos’ beam pumps on oil wells in South Australia which helped them reduce energy consumption, save money and offset greenhouse gas emissions,” she said.
“As a company with a rich heritage of servicing customers for more than 180 years, AGL is proud to bring this service offering to Western Australia.”
AGL is committed to helping shape a sustainable energy future for Australia. We operate the country’s largest electricity generation portfolio, we’re its largest ASX-listed investor in renewable energy, and we have 3.6 million customer accounts. Proudly Australian, with more than 180 years of experience, we have a responsibility to provide sustainable, secure and affordable energy for our customers. Our aim is to prosper in a carbon-constrained world and build customer advocacy as our industry transforms. That’s why we have committed to exiting our coal-fired generation by 2050 and why we will continue to develop innovative solutions for our customers.