Gloucester’s future cattle barons, its champions of the pool, local fitness fans and children playing in the Primary School playground are among the recipients of the latest round of AGL Local Community Investment Program (LCIP) grants, totalling almost $34,000.
AGL Executive General Manager Stakeholder Relations, Jeni Coutts, said the grants covered applications from nine community groups.
“Donations, sponsorships or community development programs must benefit the community, develop local capacity and be sustainable into the future,” she said.
“AGL is committed to supporting and bringing benefit to the communities in which we operate and our bi-annual grants program has been an important part of that contribution,” Ms Coutts said.
The recipients and their projects are:
- Sponsorship of the Gloucester Junior Cattle Show
- Equipment to support the Gloucester Thunderbolts Swimming Club’s coaching and club nights and carnivals
- A public address system for use at the Gloucester Chill Out Festival and other community events
- A ‘cool down station’ for the Gloucester community outdoor fitness trail
- A shade structure over play equipment at Gloucester Primary School
- Sponsorship of Gloucester Aero Club’s annual community family fundraiser for the Westpac Rescue Helicopter Service and club project
- An upgrade of the St Johns Stroud Parish and Community Hall, including a disabled toilet for the town
- Book prizes for Gloucester High School’s annual presentation night
- Funds to complete kitchen works at Gloucester Masonic Lodge.
“Each of these projects are worthy recipients of the grants and AGL is delighted to contribute towards them,” Ms Coutts said.
AGL is one of Australia’s leading integrated energy companies. It is taking action to responsibly reduce its greenhouse gas emissions while providing secure and affordable energy to its customers. Drawing on over 175 years of experience, AGL serves its customers throughout eastern Australia with meeting their energy requirements, including gas, electricity, solar PV and related products and services. AGL has a diverse power generation portfolio including base, peaking and intermediate generation plants, spread across traditional thermal generation as well as renewable sources including hydro, wind, solar, landfill gas and biomass.