Our recruitment process varies depending on the role but here is some information about the process you will generally go through.
Learn more about the recruitment process, how to register for job alerts & updating your candidate profile.
Our recruitment process varies depending on the role but here are a list of the steps you will generally go through.
You can submit a cover letter, but it’s okay if you don’t have one. Either way, be sure to submit your resume when completing your job application.
When writing your resume things you may like to consider:
- Put your most relevant experience in the first couple of pages.
- When it comes to CV length, one size doesn’t fit all. Nonetheless, avoid one-page resumes as it’s hard to convey enough detail. Three to four pages is ideal – stretch to five if you’re sure everything included is important to the role.
- Ensure your resume is saved as a .doc, .docx or .pdf so that the recipient can easily open it.
2. Phone Interview
We call you to discuss your application in more detail and to get to know you a bit better. It’s also an opportunity for you learn a bit more about the role and AGL.
3. Formal Interview
This is where it becomes a bit more formal. You’ll either come into the office or have a virtual interview with the Hiring Leader.
Be prepared to answer a series of questions about how your background and experience that match the role you’ve applied for. Try and follow the STAR format as best as possible, here’s a tips and tricks sheet to help you with preparing (link to tips sheet)
Other things you may like to consider:
- Dress the part
- Try and be on time and if you’re not going to be or need to reschedule, reach out and let us know as soon as you can
- Be as authentic - we want to get to know the real you
Sometimes we run a second round interview. This is generally a more informal chat where you meet with someone more senior in the business so they can get to know you too.
We might ask you to complete an assessment to get a bit more information about your cognitive ability and your behaviours in the workplace.
This is an online tool that’s easy and convenient for you to use. We give you a couple of days to complete it too.
5. References and Background Checks
This is when we conduct pre-employment screening. We ask for two references, who should generally be recent employers. Other things we look at are whether you have any criminal convictions and whether you have the right to work in Australia.
6. Medical checks
Usually conducted for site-based roles, we organise a medical appointment for you with a doctor and or physiotherapist. Safety is important to us and we want to ensure you have the physical capability to perform the inherent requirements of the role.
If you are successful, we will give you a call to let you know the good news!
We talk to you about when a good start date would be and how much an appropriate amount is to pay you. If you accept we then make a formal written offer to you.
If you register you will receive an email about our new job opportunities based on your preferences. Simply follow these steps:
1. You’ll need a Candidate Profile to create job alerts
2. Visit our jobs board and click the ‘Sign in’ Button
- If you do not have a Candidate Profile, simply click the ‘Create Account’ button displayed underneath the ‘Sign In’ details and follow the prompts to create an account
- If you have a Candidate Profile, sign in by entering the email address and the password you used to submit your job application or when you created your Candidate Profile
3. Once you’re signed in, click the ‘cloud’ icon displayed in the top right-hand corner of your screen to display the quick menu options
4. In the quick menu, click ‘Job Alerts’
5. Click the ‘Create Job Alert’ button
6. Give your Job alert a name that you can recognise
7. Select the frequency of receiving the job alerts along with the criteria for the jobs that you want to be alerted about
8. Click OK
9. You can create more than one job alert by repeating steps 5-8
10. To edit or delete existing job alerts, visit the Job alerts page in your Candidate Profile, then click the ‘Manage’ button next to the created job alert and follow the prompts.
It might be an issue with the web browser you’re using. We highly recommend using Google Chrome when submitting job applications or when you need to access your profile.
If using Google Chrome does not resolve your issue, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an overview of the issue you are experiencing and our team will be able to assist you.
You can reset your password at any stage by:
1. Visiting our jobs board and clicking the ‘Sign In’ button
2. Click the ‘Forgot Password’ button displayed underneath the email and password section
3. Enter the email address you used when applying for our jobs and follow the prompts.
Yes, if you want to track the progress for any of your job applications or to update your details, please:
1. Visit the AGL jobs board
2. Click ‘Sign In’
3. To sign in, enter the email address and the password you used to submit your job application
4. Once you’re signed in, click the ‘cloud’ icon displayed in the top right-hand corner of your screen
5. Click ‘View Profile’
6. Once your profile loads, you can view the status of your applications and review or update your personal profile details.
To arrange a confidential discussion, please contact:
Phillip Moore - Recruitment Operations Manager
Yes, we encourage you to continue applying for jobs with AGL that you feel best suit your capabilities and experience.
Also, if there are future opportunities that we feel align to your profile, skills and experience, we will proactively reach out to you to discuss the job opening and gauge your interest.
If you have any further questions, please contact the Recruitment team directly on email@example.com. We will get back to you within 3 business days.