Why all the fuss?
Well, for good reason. Any of these signs could point to incomplete combustion, wasted gas or worse – a carbon monoxide leak.
Carbon monoxide is produced whenever a fuel burns – whether it’s gas, oil or even a classic wood fire. When systems are fitted correctly, serviced often and in good working order, they’ll vent this gas externally. But irregular servicing and breakdowns can lead to this noxious gas escaping into spots that it shouldn’t.
Carbon monoxide is invisible and odourless, so you can’t pick a leak by sense alone. However, if you do notice tiredness, dizziness, headaches, weakness, nausea, shortness of breath or chest pain, be sure to call a professional immediately.
You can also purchase a carbon monoxide detector from hardware stores for extra peace of mind.
When properly maintained, gas offers efficient and clean heating for your household. So, stick to the recommended service schedule and rest assured in a toasty home this winter.
Visit Get Connected to view AGL’s gas plans in your state.