Did you know there are government concessions designed to help with paying your bill?
If you have one of the below concession cards, you might be eligible for a concession on your gas or electricity bills.
- Health Care Card
- Pensioners Card
- Department of Veterans Affairs or DVA Card.
Alternatively, if you don’t have one of the above concession cards, you still might be able to benefit from a concession. Depending on your state, you may be entitled to receive one of the following concessions:
- Annual Electricity Concession – 17.5% off payable electricity charges, applied all year
- Winter Gas Concession – 17.5% off payable gas charges, applied from May 1 to October 31 each year
- Controlled Load Concession – 13% off seperately metered and invoiced hot water charges all year
- Electricity Rebate – Up to $372.20 per year off electricity charges, applied as a daily rate
- Reticulated Natural Gas Rebate – Up to $80.77 per year off gas charges, applied as a daily rate
- Low Income Household Rebate – Up to $285 per year off your electricity charges, applied as a daily rate
- NSW Gas rebate – Up to $110 per year off gas charges, applied a daily rate
- Energy Bill Concession – Up to $241.63 per year off your electricity charges, applied as a daily rate.