CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. Information on how to enter, mechanics of entry and the prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is automatic for all AGL customers who are registered for online service before 11:59pm (AEDT) 28 February 2018 in accordance with these terms.
2. The promotion commences at 12:01 (AEDT) on 29 January 2018 and ends at 11:59 pm (AEDT) on 28 February 2018 (Promotional Period).
3. Entry is only open to AGL residential customers who are signed up (registered) via one of the following AGL online services during the Promotional Period: AGL App or AGL My Account (Entrants).
4. The directors, management and employees of the Promoter, or entities that are directly associated with the conduct of this promotion, are ineligible to enter the promotion.
HOW TO ENTER
5. Entrants will receive one entry if, during the Promotional Period, they:
a) register online via the AGL App or AGL My Account services or are already registered for one of those services; and
b) have provided consent to receive marketing material.
6. Only one (1) Entry per customer is permitted.
7. Entries will be created based on active registrations for online services on or before the end of the Promotional Period.
8.The draw to determine the winners will take place at 10:00am (AEDT) on 6 March 2018 at 699 Bourke Street Docklands. The winners will be notified by phone within two (2) days of the draw and the winners’ names will be published on the AGL website at [www.agl.com.au]. Reasonable steps to notify the winner of the results of the draw will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
9. The Promoter may draw ten (10) additional reserve Entries in the draw and record them (in order) in case an invalid entry or ineligible Entrant is drawn, or the Entrant is ineligible to accept or declines to participate in the prize. Each Entrant whose entry is drawn by the Promoter must confirm their ability to accept and participate in a prize within ten (10) business days of being successfully notified by the Promoter that their entry has been drawn, otherwise their entry will be deemed invalid. In the event of an invalid entry or an ineligible Entrant, or if the Entrant is ineligible to accept or declines to participate in the prize, the prize will be awarded to the first reserve entry drawn. If the prize cannot be awarded to the Entrant drawn, the Promoter will continue this process until the prize is awarded. If after this process a prize has still not been awarded, the Promoter may draw additional Entries until an eligible Entrant can be awarded the prize in accordance with these terms.
10. The first four (4) eligible Entries randomly drawn from all Entries during the Promotional Period will win one (1) $1,000 online Amazon Australia voucher code to use at amazon.com.au or on the Amazon Australia mobile app. The $1,000 voucher code may be used for purchases on any items sold by Amazon AU only and excludes all products sold by third party sellers, digital content, e-books, subscriptions and gift cards that can be redeemed at an online store described in the promotional material.
11. Each prize must be redeemed by the date specified on the voucher or the prize is forfeited. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer unless its terms specify otherwise.
12. It is a condition of accepting and participating in a prize that the winner and their companions (if any) may be required to sign eligibility form(s), code(s) of conduct and/or legal release(s) (including prize acceptance release(s)) in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion. If a winner is under 18 years of age, their parent or legal guardian must also agree to and sign such documents (if requested by the Promoter).
13. The total maximum prize pool value is AUD$4,000.00. The prizes are not exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Each prize is valued in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST (if any).
14. The Promoter may conduct a further draw at the same time and place as the original draw as is necessary on 6 March 2018 to distribute any prizes (if any) unclaimed by that date, subject to any written directions given under applicable State legislation. In the event of any winner(s) in the unclaimed prize draw, the winner(s) will be notified in writing within two (2) days of the draw. All reasonable steps to notify the winner(s) of the results of the unclaimed prize draw (if any) will be taken by the Promoter. The Promoter’s decision is final, and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Only AGL customers who are account holders can enter. The Promoter reserves the right to request the Entrant produce (within the requested time) appropriate photo identification or other documentation (to the Promoter’s satisfaction, at its sole discretion) in order to confirm the Entrant’s identity, age, residential address, eligibility to enter and claim a prize, before issuing a prize, including confirming consent of an Entrant’s parent or legal guardian and the name, age and address of the parent or legal guardian who gave their consent, where an Entrant is under 18 years of age. If any documentation required by the Promoter is not received by the Promoter (or its nominated agent) or an Entrant or Entry has not been verified or validated to the Promoter’s (or its nominated agent’s) satisfaction, then all the Entries of that Entrant may be ineligible and deemed invalid.
16. If the prize becomes unavailable, for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, then a comparable prize of equal or greater value will be awarded in lieu, subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation.
17. If the promotion is not capable of running as planned for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including because of war, terrorism, state of emergency or disaster (including natural disaster), infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures, directions of regulators or industry self-regulatory bodies or any which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and/or if necessary to provide alternative prize(s) to the same value as the original prize(s), subject to any written directions made under applicable State legislation.
18. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies exclude all liability (including negligence) except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law (including any applicable consumer guarantee under the Australian Consumer Law), for any direct or indirect injury, loss and/or damage arising in any way out of the promotion. This includes, but is not limited to: (i) technical malfunctions, delays or failures, including those resulting from accessing any materials related to this promotion and any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of, or in connection with, this promotion as a result of any technical malfunctions, delays or failures; (ii) theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (iii) lost or damaged Entries, prize claims or prize; and/or (iv) acceptance and/or use of any prize.
20. By accepting a prize, Entrants acknowledge that a further primary purpose for collection of the Entrant’s Personal Information by the Promoter is to contact the Entrant in the future in relation to the prize. The Promoter may share an Entrant’s Personal Information with its Australian related companies and trusted third parties to the extent that those parties are involved in the delivery of the prize, who may contact the Entrant for their legitimate commercial purposes.
21. In these Conditions of Entry: “Australian Consumer Law” means Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) in Australia. “Personal Information” means, for the purpose of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information or opinion is true or not and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.
Promoter: AGL Energy Services Pty Limited (ABN 57 074 821 720) of 699 Bourke Street Docklands
VIC Ph: 02 9921 2999.
NSW Permit Number: LTPS/17/20553