Energy concessions, rebates and grants
You may qualify to receive various energy concessions on your account.
Concessions, rebates and grants for New South Wales residents
As a customer, you may qualify for various concessions that we can provide on behalf of the NSW government.
To be eligible for these rebates, you'll need one of these concession cards:
- Pensioner Concession Card issued by Centrelink or Department of Veterans' Affairs
- Centrelink Health Care Card
- Department of Veterans' Affairs Gold Card (for recipients of War Widow or War Widower, Totally and Permanently Incapacitated rate or Extreme Disablement Adjustment rate pensions)
A concession can be claimed only if:
- you are a resident of NSW
- the energy account is in the name of the concession card holder
- the supply address is the domestic primary place of residence
- you are a customer of the retailer, or a long-term resident of an on-supplied residential community, or a resident of an on-supplied retirement village, or a resident of an on-supplied strata scheme
The following cardholders are ineligible:
- Centrelink Child Disability Healthcare cards
- Centrelink Foster Care Healthcare cards
- DVA Dependent and Specific Conditions cards
- Commonwealth State Seniors cards
- Commonwealth Seniors Health cards
If you are eligible but not currently receiving a rebate on your bill, you can add concession details to your account.
Government regulatory requirements were introduced in NSW to help registered concession customers compare and make informed decisions about energy plans. We'll regularly compare your current electricity plan to our generally available plans and let you know if you may save by switching plans.
Residential customers who hold a valid seniors card will be able to join our special seniors offer. Details are available on the AGL Seniors page.
For information about the NSW government rebates, visit their Rebates and Discounts page.
Eligibility conditions vary and may change from time to time. Find the latest information below.
Having trouble paying your bills?
Need a bit more time to pay or having trouble staying on top of your bills?
Explore the concessions and payment support options available to you.